2.1

"Where are you going?" 

Margo asked stretching her arms across the bed and grasping onto Spencer's arm. Over the past few weeks the couple had settled into a blissful domestic life together and neither had ever been happier. Together they both felt normal and happy. 

"Hotch called." 

The bad side about Spencer's job was the unreliable hours, you couldn't plan when a murder was going to happen after all; he could be called at any time of the day or night to go into work, it took up so much time. Neither of them were bitter about that, Margo thought what Spencer did was amazing and he loved doing it. They would have just liked to spend more time together too.

"Do you know what's happened?"

"Three children have went missing." He informed her as he stood up and went towards the bathroom.

"Are you leaving the state?" She questioned further because some of his cases required him to leave with the team for a few days. 

Two weeks before he had went to California for three days and she had been left in a state of boredom because her only friends in Virginia were Spencer and the team. It was also nerve wracking to be at home all alone and she couldn't help but erratically make sure everywhere was locked and secure. Spencer heavily disliked leaving Margo alone because of the anxiety she must have had but she wasn't there to hold him back. However, the trips Spencer had to take had encouraged Margo to explore the town instead of staying hauled up in Spencer's apartment. She had walked the streets and found herself a part time job in a small coffee shop, it wasn't much but it was a start to getting life back together and she was pleased with it. 

"Not this time. Will you get a dog or something the next time I leave?" From the slightly muffled sound of his joke and laugh she assumed that he was brushing his teeth.

"Hey, you were made up that I got a job." She argued playfully. 

Spencer had been worried when he had gotten home in the middle of the day and Margo was nowhere to be found but when he realised what she had been doing he was very happy. She was starting her life again and he was glad. 

"It's almost as great as you." He smiled at her from the doorway of the bathroom, his toothbrush back on the counter. "Are you going to keep doing that or are you planning to try something else?"

"Erm." She had been thinking about what she wanted to do with her life, as much as she enjoyed working in the coffee shop she didn't want to do it forever. She had been in University before her mother and brother were killed but she had dropped out and got a job to help support her father after. "I was thinking about going back to University." 

Spencer's eyes lit up with a sort of admiration. "To study what?"

"Before I was studying to become a Psychologist most likely with children." Spencer seemed surprised at the revelation that she had never mentioned before.

"That would be brilliant." He agreed enthusiastically. "You could get a job with the BAU."

"I don't know, Spence." She shook my head at that suggestion. "I don't want a job just because you work there."

"No, that wouldn't be it." He objected. "We actually really need Psychologists, think of all of the people we meet on cases who need help to process it."

What he was saying made sense to her and she actually really liked the idea of doing what she had always wanted to do especially alongside Spencer and the others. She had always wanted to help people and the BAU helped people tremendously.

"I think that would be great."

"Me too." He grinned before his eyes trailed onto the clock that was placed on the wall. "I need to hurry."

Spencer finished getting ready quickly before kissing the woman goodbye and leaving to go to work. Margo stayed in bed for a little while longer before making her own way to work. The coffee shop was fairly busy that morning, she spoke to some of the regular customers and cleared tables before sitting down for her own break, she began to play around on her phone as she sipped hot liquid from a porcelain coffee cup.

The bell that sounded every time the door open dinged but she didn't pay much attention to it as working there she had became used to the sound. However, when a rough and familiar voice sounded through the rustic building, Margo's whole body became alert and she looked up in alarm. As she did, she noticed a tall man with a stained, brown jacket leaving the shop with a takeaway coffee cup in hand. 

Him.

Her hands began to shake as she picked up her mobile phone and rushed into the toilets, the steaming drink and half a sandwich discarded on the table. Margo had warned Spencer as soon as her captor had escaped that it would come back to haunt them and he hadn't believed her. She couldn't believe that she had let herself fall into a false sense of security when he was still out there and she hated that Thomas Lorpin had wrecked her life so much and was still trying to. 

Spencer didn't answer. He was most likely talking to somebody about the missing children so she called Garcia instead because she always answered and was one of the nicest people in the world.

"Hello future Mrs Reid, or at least I am hoping with all of my hea-"

"Penelope!" Margo cut her off with alarm in her voice. 

"What is it, Margs?" Her tone became serious because she could obviously recognise when people were in trouble or need, it was a part of her job.

"I've just seen him." She spoke quickly. "He was at the coffee shop."

"Who?" She asked but it was obvious from the dread in her voice that she knew exactly who was being talked about.

"Thomas. Thomas Lorpin!"