1.3

Margo awoke in a state of contentment from the first peaceful sleep she had expirienced since the night of her fathers murder

Margo awoke in a state of contentment from the first peaceful sleep she had expirienced since the night of her fathers murder. She had expected to wake up with Spencer net to her, still locked in his warm embrace. That was not the case.

She sighed but she knew that he was most likely working with the team on her case, she had to be grateful.

The room without him seemed especially empty, no delighted chatter and no comforting breathing to match her own. She craved his presence like she never had with anybody else before, dreading when the case was solved and he would leave which seemed really shitty considering what the case was.

Sitting up in her bed and taking a sip of water from the glass that stood on the small bedside table that Spencer had left for her, she smiled and stretched out before walking to the window that looked out over the city.

"Hurry back, Spence."

"I'd prefer it if he didn't."

Everything in her body stopped -- frozen in the ultimate fear from the all too familiar voice that echoed dreadfully throughout the room. That voice had been haunting her nightmares.

"I was wondering when your little boyfriend would leave you alone."

She turned stiffly with anxiety racing through her body. She hoped that it was all in her head, he couldn't really be there. But he was and he wasn't even hiding behind a mask that time. His hair was long and greasy, the eyes dark and evil. Margo pressed herself against the wall, trying to step around the room slowly to make her way to the bed where she knew there was a button that called the nurses.

"Leave." She tried to make her voice sound stronger than she felt.

"What are you going to do, Margo?" He asked her tauntingly.

"You know my name?" She hated to converse with the man but hoped to distract him enough.

"I know everything about you."

"How?"

Nearing the bed she knew that she could reach the panic button if she reached down but that would be too obvious; letting her eyes trail to the window she mouthed the word 'help' and her trick worked, he turned his head quickly giving her the freeness she needed to lean over and press the button she was hoping would save her.

He turned back when he saw nobody was there and realised what she had done. "That was the wrong decision."

The man lunged forwards and before she could move out of the way he grabbed her firmly around the waist, pinching her skin tightly. Her hands flailed out knocking over the glass of water which smashed onto the floor. Flashbacks to the worst night of her life ran through her mind and she began to scream loudly.

"Shutup!" He growled slapping his hand over her mouth but she had grown fistier and bared her teeth, biting down on his skin with all of her strengh. "I'm going to hurt you so much when we get out of here."

He dragged her out of the room barely stopped by her scrambling and jerking. She yelled and cried but his hand muffled the sound dramatically and his steps to the back exit of the hospital were swift. As he took her away and threw her into the back of his black car, she could only hope that Spencer would be able to find her.

"A man called Thomas Lorpin was in a car accident on an empty road with his wife and two children ten years ago. The children were killed and his wife fell into a coma but eventually died too. One nurse claimed that Thomas smothered her but it was never proven." Garcia told the team.

"That sounds like our guy." Rossi nodded.

Spencer went to speak but was cut off by the door banging open and a nurse rushing in with wide eyes and a nervous disposition. "Margo's panic button just went off!"

Spencer stood up and ran from the room quicker than he had ever moved before -- his blood was running cold and his head was rushing. Pressing that button meant that something was wrong with her and he hated that thought but he was confused to what could have happened, surely she wouldn't have just pressed it after waking up alone.

Many nurses stood inside Margo's messy room -- there was glass smashed all over the floor along with other things that were scattered across there.

"No." Spencer exhaled loudly.

"Sign of a struggle." JJ said with shock.

"It was him." Spencer yellled angrily, feelings of loss coming back and hitting him like a bullet.

"We don't know that." Morgan put a hand on Spencer's shoulder.

"Somebody check the camera footage!" Rossi ordered.

"We do know it." Spencer shouted. "He's got her and he's going to kill her."

Hotch who had left the police station and came to the hospital in the time of Margo's sleep also looked towards Spencer with sympathy -- the team saw clearly the care he had for the girl. "We won't let that happen."

Spencer shook him off needing air. "You said that about Maeve too."