2.6

"Do you think it's going to be good?"

Spencer asked Margo as they stood in a line for the cinema; the woman had saw a trailer for a romance film that was being released that day and she had convinced her husband to go and see it with her. Spencer Reid was not the best person to watch films with: his scientific brain made him analyse everything more than other people and he would point out plot holes that nobody else would ever notice. When they watched television together, he couldn't help but blurt things out about what they were watching.

"The trailer looks good." She shrugged as she pulled her jacket tighter around her and leaned into him further.

The line stretched outside of the cinema because it was the first day of release and some famous actor was in it, they didn't know who and they didn't really care. The air was chilly though and Spencer's warmth was making Margo very happy.

"It doesn't make sense." He said with furrowed brows talking about the main plot of the film.

"Surely you've seen cases of Stockholm Syndrome?" She asked him.

"Yes. I just never get it." He didn't like not understanding things. "Feelings of trust or affection felt by a victim towards a captor. It doesn't make sense."

"I guess, if you're in a really shitty place and somebody gives you food or something it can resinate. You're being looked after in some way or other, even if it is super messed up." She explained with a slight shrug of the shoulders.

"No, a victom shouldn't fall in love with a captor. It's wrong. A glass of water doesn't make up for torture or rape." His voice was firm.

"Yeah but if you're at rock bottom you don't have that much to hold onto."

"Would you have ever got attatched to him?" At his question she tensed.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" She asked with an edge to her voice. "He didn't just hurt me, he killed my family."

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked that." He shook his head quickly.

Margo took a deep breath and shook her head, wrapping her arm around his waist. "It's fine."

"You just wonder why some people would fall in love."

"Why would a Montague fall for a Capulet?" She asked rhetorically. "It just happens. Why would an agent fall for their case?"

Spencer smiled down at her, some of his brown hair falling into his face. "Because she's beautiful."

Margo reached up and kissed his lips chastely with a smile forming on her face. She wrapped her other arm around him and rested her chin on his shoulder to rest while she stood on her tip-toes. She loved being near him and having any contact with him. He made her complete.

Margo closed her eyes for a minute. The fuzziness that occurs when you've clenched your eyes shut, that makes everything seem unclear until it focuses onto one thing and then expands onto everything else around you. That happened to Margo and it was calming for a second, the rugged circles that contrasted between dark and bright. It was comforting until her eyes zoomed in and focused onto a figure across the road next to a bushy tree. She gasped, her mouth falling open as something inside of her screamed that it was unsafe. She felt like the shadow outline of a person was looking dangerously at her.

"Spence." She whispered with nerves making him stiffen.

"Margs."

"There's somebody by the tree across the road and I think they're watching us." She panicked with a calm facade. "I think it's him."

"Is there not a bus-stop or anything they could be waiting for?" He asked rationally.

"No." She confirmed with a shaky voice.

Without warning Spencer took hold of Margo's hand with a firm sort of gentleness and he began to walk, pulling her forwards without warnings and muttering 'excuse me's' as he pushed past people. He rushed through a small road at the back of the cinema and led them through the streets towards their home. Everything was sort of blurred as they moved quickly. He had a frazzled demeaner, concerned for her safety both physically and mentally.

Before Margo knew it, the door of their apartment was being slammed behind her and Spencer was breathing harder than usual. She let her hand slip from his and fell to the floor, bringing her shaking hands to her face.

"It was him, Spence." Every part of her shook.

"I believe you."

He nodded as he looked down at her frail body on the wooden floor, his eyes glazing over with sadness as he saw her anxiety. He sunk down and nestled down behind her, pulling her between his legs and wrapping his arms around her; leaning her head back onto his chest, they rocked in  a lulling manner.

She confided. "I feel like he's never going to go away."

"Don't think like that. I'm going to make sure that he does go away."