2.7

The atmosphere was thick in the air, almost uncomfortably

The atmosphere was thick in the air, almost uncomfortably. The team sat around the large table because Spencer had called them urgently, he couldn't stand the fear he had seen in his wifes eyes that night at the cinema and he needed it to stop. Spencer believed that Thomas Lorpin was still out there and that Margo wasn't just paranoid.

"Reid, you know I'm doing as much as I can for Margo but they want the case closed." Hotch said, always the one brave enough to deliever the bad news to his own team.

"But it isn't closed." Spencer replied simply with a harshness in his tone.

"They're not going to take her word that Lorpin is back and honestly, it could affect her chance of getting a job here after she's finished university if she seems unstable." He spoke seriously.

"Don't say that!" I snapped. "It has nothing to do with the future. It's about right now because Thomas Lorpin is out there!"

"Like I've said Spencer, nobody apart from us will take her word for it."

Spencer stood up from the table and pushed his chair back violently. "I've worked here for years. Is my word enough?"

Everybody looked down at the table, all quiet because they didn't want to go against their friends but they also had to do their job correctly. Hotch closed his eyes and spoke bluntly. "You're too close to her to work on the case."

"I guess I'll just have to take care of this one myself then." He grabbed some folders and paperwork that he needed, stuffing them into his bag before looking around the table. "Thanks, friends."

Spencer stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him. He had never acted like that before but Margo was the most important thing in the world to him. He heard steps behind him and turned to see Derek with an understanding look on his face.

"You need to calm down, man."

"I can't just calm down."

"I understand what you're going through kid, but you know how the system works." He shrugged.

"It isn't good enough."

"You're not acting like yourself." His eyes narrowed. "Why?"

"Why?" Spencer yelled. "Because I watch my wife scared all the time and I can't do anything to protect her!"

At that point, Spencer's voice had rose so much that it had attracted attention from other workers. The rest of the team made their way out of the room and saw the pain in their friends eyes. JJ took quick steps forwards and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"None of this is your fault, Spence."

A peaceful tune played throughout the apartment, it was a random song on a classical vinyl that belonged to Spencer, Margo wasn't sure what it was but she liked it. It lulled the woman as she walked through the apartment with that days letters in her hands. She sunk into the couch feeling tired and slightly achey like she had over the last few days.

Spencer always got more letters than Margo and that day there was only one for her. The first envelope adressed to her was pristine and very professional from the University Of Virgina and she ripped it open with exitement.

Mrs Margo Reid

We will be pleased to have you attend our school in the new term to study physcology.

She didn't need to read any other part of the letter because it didn't matter because that letter meant that her life was coming together. She picked up her phone with exitement and pressed Spencer's name pressing it against her ear while opening another letter that she had been sent, this one stained and crumpled.

"Margo." His loving voice flew through the speaker.

"Hey love, I got a letter from the university and they--"

Before she finished her sentence she gasped and dropped the phone out of her hand when she saw the scruffy words written in black sharpie across the yellow paper.

Watch out!