Ch 16

Third Person's POV

Bethany froze in place. Her heart was racing and her hands were shaking. Her whole body was trembling in fear, her fear that she would awaken the bloody demon.

" You aren't really good at being sneaky. " , Pan said with crossed arms sitting against his bed.

" Sorry? " , Beth shrugged.

" Didn't anyone tell you that my room was off limits? " , he asked as he got up from his bed and walked towards her.

" Yeah, but I just came to check on you because of the scenery at camp. " , Bethany nodded

" That's not an excuse. When my door is closed you don't enter, you don't even come near my treehouse. " , Pan sneered. " And you broke the rules. "

" Go ahead. Cage me, rip my heart out and crush it or torture me. I don't care what you do. " , Bethany bravely answered

" You must really want your punishment. " , Pan smirked.

" Listen Pan, I can explained...", she trailed off.

" Go ahead. " , Pan nodded.

" I just wanted to make sure that you were okay. You kinda caused a scene at camp and it made me question more about you. " , she said
" Like, what did Felix meant when he said that girls tend to leave you, Pan, alone? "

" That's none of your business! " , he snapped.

" Yes it is! I'm a girl so I have the right to know! " , Bethany shouted.

" Doesn't matter. " , Pan mumbled.

" Then let's start, with the teddy bear. Why sleep with a teddy bear? " , she asked

" I don't have to answer that. " , Peter huffed in annoyance.

" So you don't care about that teddy bear? " , Bethany asked as she went towards his bed and picked up the teddy bear from there.

" DON'T TOUCH TEDDY! " , Peter shouted

" I already am. " , Bethany smirked. " And I think that I am going to get rid of it for you, since you don't need anyone these days. "

" That teddy bear is what I need! " , Peter exclaimed. " So put it back where he belongs before I stuff you! "

" What's so special about this teddy bear? " , Bethany questioned it dangling it back and forth to taunt him.

" Because it is! " , Peter said.

" That's not a reason. " , Bethany rolled her eyes. " Why Pan? Why do you have a teddy bear with you? Why do you hold it tightly in your arms like you would lose it? Why do you sleep with a teddy bear? Why don't you get rid of it and act like your age? " , she asked followed by other questions.

" JUST GIVE ME THE DANG TEDDY BEAR! " , Peter ordered impatiently

" Maybe if I rip its head off, then you wouldn't have to answer my questions. " , Bethany threatened

" Not if I rip your head first! " , Pan snapped

" STOP TRYING TO COVER IT UP AND JUST TELL ME! " , Bethany huffed.

" None of your business. " , Peter mumbled.

" Then bye bye teddy. " , Bethany fake smiled. m
" Because it is my only friend! " , Pan admitted

Bethany stayed quiet before nodding for Pan to continue.

" It is my friend and I don't want to lose it. " . Pan sighed. " Just like I lost her..."

" Lost who? " , Bethany asked.

" Before you came along, not too long ago, there was a little girl that I have met before. She loved Neverland and everyone on it. The most adorable button that I have ever met. She believed in me, and believed that her place was in Neverland, until she found out that I was a villian...that I was a monster. That was her other reason to leave, the first one was when she got homsick and I was told to bring her back home. When I dropped her off at her house, she offered me her teddy bear to keep me company, so I wouldn't be alone and from there on, I still have her teddy bear to this day as a reminder of her love towards me. "

Bethany looked at the teddy bear before meeting with a pair of green eyes.

" What was the little girl's name? " , Bethany asked quietly.

" She asked me to call her Beth, so I called her Beth. " , he sighed remembering her. " It's funny because I allowed her to call me any nickname that she wanted to give me and so she decided to call me—"

" Panda..." , Bethany said quietly. " Because it had the word Pan in it, so your nickname is Panda. "

" How did you know? " , Pan asked shocked.

" Beth was just a shorter version of my name Bethany, so I was called Beth when I was little. " , Bethany said softly.

" No...that can't be..." , Pan mumbled

Bethany nodded slowly.

A/N: And the truth is revealed! I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. 😊