"I need some pants."

Darius shook his head, pulling her into his arms affectionately. "I don't think so."

"Will you please take me to my room but use your vampire speed? I don't want anyone to see me like this."

He laughed but obliged, sweeping her off her feet. They entered her room within seconds.

Once she pulled on some jeans he took her hand and entwined their fingers. She followed him down the stairs to the kitchen. It was a little after breakfast so he knew chef wouldn't be there.

"I believe one of the ways to your heart would be through food." He pulled a stool out for her.

"Correct. Are we in here so you can show off your mad cooking skills?" She was impressed not only by a vampire who cooked but a prince at that.

"I've had a lot of time to practice."

"What are you making me?"

"Chocolate chip pancakes with raspberries and maple syrup."

Her eyes glistened at the words coming out of his mouth. "That sounds delicious."

Darius got to work pulling out ingredients and a pan to cook with. Deva just sat back and watched as he scattered around the kitchen. She had to admit a guy like Darius working in the kitchen trying to whip her something up to eat was more than attractive. It was a turn on. He was quick too, and in no time he was finished and placing the wonderfully prepared food in front of her.

She instantly grabbed a fork because her mouth was already watering from the sight, but he stopped her. He snatched the fork from her before she could take a bit. Deva pouted.

"What the heck muffin?" Her puppy eyes were so adorable he had to hold in his laughter.

"I'm feeding you."

Her forehead creased. "I have hands you know."

"I know, but I like your reaction."

She rolled her eyes adding, "You sure take rocking the cradle to a new extreme."

He began feeding her, and she savored every bite. Every bite seemed better than the last. He just watched her eat and found joy at what little happiness he could bring her. He had to remember to cook for her more often. On her last bite Darius lean in and kissed her warm lips. They had syrup on them.

"Mmmm sweet," he licked.

"I agree."

"Did you like it?" He took the empty plate and placed it in the sink.

She scrunched her face. "It was okay."

"You were practically moaning after every bite. It had to be better than okay."

"Nah it was just okay. I typically eat like that with everything." She lied through her teeth.

She was scary good at it. He thought she would honestly be a perfect actress or lawyer with the sneaky talent she had.

"You're lying."

"Why would I lie to you?" She had an irresistible sexy grin on her face.

He swiftly placed her on the counter so her face was even with his.

"So you could infuriate me."

"Is it working?"

He shook his head. "Not in the slightest sweetheart." Darius leaned in ready to kiss her longing lips when they heard a throat clear.