"Can't a vampire enjoy a day in the sun?"

"Well actually I was wondering why you weren't burning." Her face never wavered from seriousness.

He chuckled. "Because sweet Deva this world was designed and made specifically for vampires. The sun here is not like the one you are used to."

"But the human sun can harm you?"

"Yes, it can weaken us but not kill us."

"Interesting." She continued her walk and he followed beside her. "Is there something you needed Max?"

"Not really, I just like looking at your beautiful face."

She stopped in her tracks. His severe admiration was a disaster waiting to happen.

"You like trouble, don't you?" He grinned villainously and she shook her head. "Isn't there some sort of punishment for hitting on one of the princes' potential girlfriends?"

Max shrugged without a care in the world. "Probably."

Before she could respond with a smart-alecky remark she heard her name being called.

"Deva," Lucian was closing the distance separating them. He didn't look too happy to see Max. "Deva you shouldn't wander off alone. You don't know what's out here."

She understood the overprotectiveness but it was turning into a regular nuisance. "I warned Marcus about putting a leash on me."

Lucian frowned and stared Max up and down with a look of utter distain.

"Well hello cousin," Max said with a sick twisted smile on his face to patronize Lucian.

Deva felt the thick tension even with the wide open scenery. "You two are cousins?"

"Yes, unfortunately."

That explained why Max didn't care to offend the royals because he was one.

"Come on baby." Lucian took her hand and tried pulling her towards the rest of their group.

"What if I don't want to?" Rebelling was her nature.

"Deva this isn't up for discussion."

She pouted, "Why do you have to take the fun out of everything?"

"You want fun?" His face was back to its playful streak.

"I don't like that look you're supporting," she coward back, but Lucian stalked her.

They had completely forgotten about Max while Deva made a run for it. She sprinted down the sandy beach as fast as she could, but of course it wasn't fast enough for a vampire. He roped his arms around her and spun her into the air. She laughed but feared for what he would do next.

"Now Loosh remember I'm a fragile human; you have to be gentle with me."

"Oh I remember," his husky voice in no way reassured her safety.

She felt his nose bury into her hair. He was enjoying his control over her. She decided to take it back. She threw her hand up and wrapped it around his neck while angling her head to the side. It gave her access to his neck and face.

"Loosh have I ever told you how hot you look with your shirt off?"

His inquiry stare sought her true motive. Yet her flattery stopped his approach towards the water and she relaxed. Maybe this was going to be easy.

"No you haven't baby doll."

"Well you do." She turned in his arms so that she could face him. "So hot that I want to bake cookies on you."