First assignment

After I got changed back into the simple clothes I head home. Holding the file I look it over walking home. The assignment was to collect a dozen different items that had a small shard lacrima engraved in them and could become dangerous to civilians. The file said it was a low level assignment and should be easy. For each item it gave me a picture of what it looks like, address and the person's picture and other basic information.
I walk inside the apartment building I call my new home and head to the stairs, as I walk upstairs i pull out my phone and pull up a map. I start charting out a route of each item so I mapped out a giant circle. I save it and also save all the information in my notes but I code it so only I could understand it and lock my phone, putting it away I push open the door leading to the fourth floor. I go to my and Ema's room, I yawn pushing that door open I head to the bed and flop down. The energy drain was still lingering just not as bad. I turn my head to the file in my hand. I narrowed my eyes at it.

'How many did they release?'

I felt a small spark of energy flow down my arm into my hand and into my fingertips, a familiar tingling feeling on my right my shoulder and a floating glowing circle rotated on the back of my hand. I watched as the file collapse into itself and shrink into a small crystal ball the size of a marble.

'Only one huh...'

I close my eyes holding the marble, 'at least it's better than nothing I guess..'

I drift to sleep silently agreeing with myself I would start working after a nap.

Timeskip

I wake up finally feeling like the weight on my lifted, my body adjusted to this world. I get up with a yawn and change again, I did not want to walk around in a dress and sandals. I put the little crystal marble into the small pouch I got and attached it to my belt loop. Wearing clothes I got from the small store I also morphed my crystal on necklace into a ring because if I run I don't want it to stab me. I headed out going to the first spot on my map.

I walk looking around, making a mental map of the area, I get to the house of the first object. I pull out my badge and knock on the door. A few seconds later a man in his early 30s opened the door.
"Hello?"

"Hello sir, I'm with the M.Q.C," I showed him my badge, "and it seems you recently came into ownership with an item that was stolen from us. We would to have it back, are you alright with giving it back?"

He looked a little token back and nodded, I pull out the picture of the item from the pouch and showed it to him. He went inside and came out holding it. I thank him and apologize for the inconvenience he waved it off and explained he had no idea it was stolen and got it at a yard sale a few weeks ago. I asked him if he was willing to give a statement and a description of the person who sold him the object, in which he agreed. He let me come inside and we sat in the living room, he left to get me a pen and paper. While he was gone and actived the marble in my pouch, the marble was recording everything he was gonna say and determine if he's telling the truth or not.
He came back and began telling me everything as I write it all down, asking follow up questions if I needed to.

I thanked him for his help, and left continuing my work. The next few houses where basically the same, everything was going smoothly until I got to my 8th house. I knocked on the door like usual, a woman opened the door with the usual greeting and I reply with my usual introduction. When I show her the picture she gasped and that's not a good sign.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry! My son's dog ate it a few days ago! We were heading to vet for surgery now."

'Thats not good!!'

A scream erupted from inside the house and the mother turned around screaming her son's name.

"Mom something's wrong with him!" Her son cried.
The dog came running towards me and I lean back as it came in for an attack. Jumping up to bite my face I dodge but my eyes wide in shock as I see the dog's eyes glow a blue color, not the normal blue eyes that some dogs have but the same color blue as lacrima and the fact that it was glowing wasn't normal either. As the dog landed on the ground behind me it ran off.
"NOOO!! COME BACK!!" The son cried more yelling for his runaway dog.

"I'll get him! Don't worry!" I smile to the boy and starting chasing after the dog. I shoved my badge and the picture into the pouch and pulled out my phone, going to speed dial I call Eira.

"Hel-.."

"Eira we have a problem!!"

"What's going on?!"

"A dog ate a lacrima engraved item!!"

"ATE!!"

"Yea!!"

"Are you sure!! What signs?!!"

"Woman of the house informed me. Change in mood to hostile and aggressive. Eyes lacrima blue." I explain as I chase the dog, it definitely faster than a normal dog, it turned it's head to glance back at me it and growl. It stopped for a second and turned around and barked. I was pushed back, that wasn't a normal bark, the sound waves from the bark were visible and physically pushed me back. It definitely was magic.