Chapter Twenty Eight

Start from the beginning

Without inquiring what all of that was about I strolled along the few aisles and found what I was looking for. A tub of ice cream in a flavour I wouldn't mind (alcohol based of course) and a few other items like candy and chocolate that I thought Ossey would like, and if he didn't, then that'd only mean more food for me. I carried the items to the cash out and Bob looked more sour and in an ill mood than I'd ever seen him in before.

He cashed the items without looking at me and continued muttering what sounded like, 'damn those lil shits stealing from me' or his occasional muttering of, 'I'll get them next time.'

He put the items in a paper bag and I headed to the Beetle bobbing to the music coming from my ear bud. My feet came to a halt on the concrete. What was waiting for me at the Beetle was enough to make me want to turn around and go the opposite direction. I scowled sourly and pulled the ear buds from my ear and dumped them in my pocket then scoffed. Leaning against the Beetle were the two morons who hung out with my public enemy number one. My lip twitched and my feet started moving once again and their conversation broke off as soon as they saw me. Smack across their faces were the fakest smiles I've ever seen on anyone, they were even faker than Hailey's, and she is the queen of fake smiles.

"Is the zoo closed today or did you two break your way out?" I ask brusquely narrowing my eyes at them.

"Nice seeing you here Diary," Jude replies with his factitious smile intact.

"Sup short stuff," Luka greets and I frowned even more.

I eyed them suspiciously before looking to my left and right slowly, in case Blade was hiding somewhere and this was an ambush.

"It's just us," Jude says amused.

A frown wafted over my facial features and I narrowed my eyes at them again.

"Why so disappointed?" Luka asks grinning.

Jude raised an eyebrow questioningly, and I only gave a scowl.

"Aren't you happy to see us?" Luka asks again in a very taunting way and I ground my teeth.

"C'mon Diary," Jude mocks "we know you don't really hate us," he says confidently.

"And how can you tell?" I question with icy coldness in my voice.

"I just know," Jude replies with a smirk, "just like you and Blade don't really hate each other."

My lower lip twitched and Luka smirked.

"C'mon short stuff, what do you say we call it a truce," Luka adds.

If looks could kill he'd be ten feet under the surface of the earth.

"Why are the both of you so stubborn?" Luka complains loudly, "don't you think it's time you call it a truce?"

I stared at him piercingly.

"When the moron throws in the towel then I'll let it end."

Luka and Jude looked over at each other and sighed.

"I told you she'd say that," Luka mumbles.

Jude looked back at me and Luka sighed piteously and walked over to where I was standing and threw his arm over my shoulder. If I was being honest with myself I'd say they weren't that bad. They were pretty cool on their own it was the tall goon with the black hair, defined facial structure and piercing green eyes that I despised.

"You know Diary," Jude adds walking up to me and resting his hand on my shoulder, "the sooner you let this chivalry end, the sooner we can be friends."