Chapter 43

As she Sayuri awoke that morning she peeked open her eyes slowly as her vision adjusted to the bright light searing through the open window. "Who left that open." She grumbled to herself rather annoyed. She had a hard enough time sleeping as it was. She never slept well in an unfamiliar environment. She was used to her bed, in her room, the sounds of her mother cooking up breakfast and the occasional times Akira would come to wake her up when she over slept. 

She had never had a hard time waking up, she could easily jump out of her bed and get ready for school in seconds completely awake. A trait she didn't share with Akira who got up earlier then her everyday, she did enjoy when she did get up early and could witness his drowsy zombie like walking, he was mostly unresponsive during this time and she could cuddle him relentlessly before he would regain consciousness.

This morning she felt rather energetic, as unfamiliar as it was, a childish excitement was also to blame for her lack of sleep. She'd never been on a trip without her family, and would normally decline any attempt to invite her. Or at least before she meet her current group of friends. 

Today they were taking a walk around the city, she was planning on buying souvenirs, then they would head back to the beach again. She woke up excited and anxious of the time to come, she had called her parents last night before going to bed, and was reaching for the phone to say good morning. As anxious as she was she had gotten a lot better then when she was child, she used to suffer from severe separation anxiety. Even when she wanted to go somewhere as a child she would never get any sleep. She had always been the clingy type of child that wanted nothing more then she stay safety in her mother's arms.

As she heard her mothers voice over the phone she calmed down noticeably. In many ways she was still a child, just a young girl in between childhood and adulthood. Still naive and in need of guidance. She recognized her childish ways and the selfish nature of a child she still retained. She was happy to have parents to teach her and watch over her as she matured into adulthood. Most girls her age would find that sentiment strange, but it was reality as well as what she believed.  She loved her family and trusted them more then anyone else. 

After relaxing from the phone call she glanced over at the clock, she wondered if Aomine was still asleep. She was planning on just wasting time relaxing in room while she waited for Momoi to wake up and start their day. But Momoi was fast asleep and she still had a while before the alarm went off. She should sleep more, but she was way to excited and nervous too. Time seemed to go extremely slow and she couldn't stay focused on one thing for long. Eventually hunger caught up with her and she got dressed to eat the complementary breakfast provided for them.

Dressed in a sundress and tank top, she once again sacrificed skin for comfort. After placing her curly purple hair into two pigtails bouncing on either side of her head, she crept out into the hallway. She first headed to the boys room to listen to their door. Trying to hear if they were awake or not. Only meet with silence she sighed and continued to head down the corridor.

She ate breakfast alone watching the early morning sun rise and light up the sky, the blue expanse painted in waves and shades of orange and pink. She took a moment to admire their beauty. Its funny how you can forget about such a beautiful moment. After seeing it everyday people forget how such a work of art exists above us everyday. A beautiful master piece gracing are existence with its wonder.

As she peered out the window and pulled her glass of orange juice to her lips she noticed a figure run past the window. Aomine! She followed him as he walked in the hotel. She watched  him wondering what he was doing up so early. Noting his baggy tank top and shorts, as well as the sweat that graced his dark skin. She assumed he had been jogging. He walked inside the building looking a little tired and sweeping his fingers through his dark hair. 

Wasn't this a vacation? Why was he working out? The thought hit her that it was normal, lots of hotels have gyms for you to use. It didn't make any sense to a bookworm like herself. Besides wasn't he tired from yesterday. She was still sore from all that running and swimming. How does he have so much energy? 

She stood up to walk over to him with a smile. "Aomine, good morning." She greeted him examining his frame a little cautiously, he did look a little tried after that run. "Hey, what you doing up so early?" He asked, for one he knew she liked to stay up late and sleep in, he picked her up from her house on several occasions, as well as heard stories of her habits during summer vacation. Of course her fondness of sleep was overridden by her separation anxiety and unfamiliar surroundings. Though he didn't know that aspect of her. 

"I couldn't sleep." She said glancing up at him. "I have a hard time sleeping in new places." She gave a bit of information on the cause. He didn't seem surprised. It was to be expected from such a over conscious girl. She had only a few friends and her family, she was the type to devote herself to a small amount of friends rather then being social and having many. He didn't see such a trait as strange considering everything else about her. She was nervous and missed her family and couldn't sleep. To be honest he noticed last night, while they were playing cards and night quickly fell around them her family called. He watched her shoulders drop and her body relax as she heard her mother's voice. 

"What about you? Going for a jog this early?" She questioned. She had imagined him snoring the day away in bed due to his arrogant and lazy personality, maybe he was more devoted to his physique then she expected. "Just a quick one." He replied. He took a moment to admire her outfit. These past few days he had a new appreciation for summer. She normally dressed very conservatively. There was one good thing about this scorching heat. 

She tried to ignore his hot glances and move on with the conversation now quiet used to his admiration of her body. "Do you always jog in the morning?" She asked genuinely curious. He always picked her up for school everyday, and if he went on a jog as well, he must get up pretty early, and this was surprising looking at his lazy persona. 

"Only when I don't have club." He answered. This made sense, basketball always gave him a good workout. With summer here and the few days club would be cancelled. He would get his daily workout somewhere else. No wonder he was muscular. At the thought she gave a glance to his frame a slight interested gaze as her gaze drifted over his body.

He noticed and retaliated. "Pervert." He smirked at her and she glared back at him embarrassment coming back to her. "Your one to talk." She spat back. She folded her arms across her chest cursing his handsome body for distracting her. "Touche."