Chapter 19

After school Sayuri waited in the classroom. She fidgeted and wondered if she'd be walking home alone today. Aomine and Momoi had a game tomorrow and were preparing. She had asked her Mom what she could do to help at all. Her mom said she could cook some food for everyone to eat. She could get details from Momoi later on the phone, what should she make for them. Even though she knew they were busy she couldn't help but wait in the classroom waiting. She finally got up and left the classroom. As she was walking down the hallway, she looked towards the direction of the school gym. It wouldn't hurt to take a peak. She snuck over a little scared to get caught. She just wanted to see them all before she left. She walked to the gym door and leaned over to see the boys all practicing. Momoi was standing by a bench where the coach sat watching practice. She would instruct the boys and talk to the coach with a serious expression she rarely saw on the girls face. She looked around for Aomine he was practicing hard along with the rest of the team. He looked so happy, so alive as he played. He looked really cool to say the least. She watched him dribble past the other player in the blink of an eye. He stopped after a while wiping the sweat from his brow as he picked up a towel from a stack on the bench. He turned her way and Sayuri hid. She thought maybe he'd spotted her and she backed away to find a secure hiding spot.

"Aomine what are you looking at?" one of teammates asked as he looked towards the gym door Aomine seemed so fixed on. Aomine smirked for a moment. He thought he'd seen someone out of the corner of his eye. It's her isn't it? He told himself with an ever growing smile. She must have been lonely and wanted to check on him. He took the towel off his shoulders and dashed to the gym door. "Dai! Where do you think you're going?" Momoi yelled to him. "I'll be right back, going to pick up tits!" He yelled back to her as he spun out of the gym. His yell caught everyone attention and they all knew who he was getting.

Sayuri hid behind a wall of the school building looking at the gym door. She sighed and turned putting her back against the wall. She could go say him. But would she be in their way, was she a distraction, besides no one had invited her. She sighed as she was about to give up and head home. It would lonely by herself, she gotten used to walking home with them all week. She gave on last glance to the gym door with a look of loneliness. With quickly turned into fear as she saw Aomine at the door. Crap, he saw me. She hid but was soon found. "Hey, knew you staring at me, just can't get enough of me can you." He teased. She turned red in an instant. "No, well maybe, I just, I was a little lonely, and I wanted to walk home with you." She said rather honestly staring at the ground like a child caught with their hand in the cookie jar. "And Momoi, of course." She blushed when she realized what she said. Aomine stared her down with a surprised expression. Sayuri looked up at him. He almost looked touched. He rubbed the back of his head a little embarrassed. "I'll walk you home; you can wait in the gym." He told her. "Really!" She leaned forward with her hands clutched together in front of her with a bright excited smile. "Sure if you don't mind waiting." He said looking away from her. His eyes would glance down at her for a moment and her cute heart pounding smile before he'd glance away from it in embarrassment. I swear she does it on purpose. He told him. He wondered if she'd slap him if he wanted a kiss. He turned to stare at her soft pink lips as if looking at something he wanted to eat. She noticed the gaze and covered her mouth defensively again. "You're not getting one." She said glaring at him. He grumbled and reached down for her hand in disappointment. "Yeah, yeah I know, let's go." She flushed as he grabbed her hand. She'd never held hands with a boy before. It was so big and rough. He didn't even seem to notice. She sighed annoyed. What was she getting to sentimental about, he didn't even care.

Like a good little girl she sat on the bench and watched practice. She watched as Aomine play enchanted by his athletic prowess. She was lucky to have such a good looking buff boyfriend. She stopped herself as not so innocent thoughts filled her head. She wondered what it would feel like to kiss him. To hold his hand again. She looked down at the back of her hand and blushed lightly at the thought of earlier today. He'd licked her hand. She remembered when she thought things like that were disgusting. Now they seemed erotic. She felt embarrassed to think of it in such a way.

Towards the end of practice Momoi came and sat down for a few minutes to discuss what Sayuri could make for the boys. Sayuri had suggested a western dish, as she could make all sorts of western food. She had listed off burgers, hot dogs, and chicken wings. All of these she could cook. Momoi excited told her to make some yummy western food and it had been decided. She'd bring some burgers and veggies for everyone after the game.

Momoi was quieter than usual on their way home. She seemed to be concentrating. Preparing in her head. Sayuri made up for it and was more talkative. She was like a different girl compared to who she was a little over two weeks ago. She was blunt and giggly. She seemed lively and full of spirit. Sayuri and Aomine argued and teased each other the whole way. Sayuri had to avoid his advances and flirts. He also never commented on her hair style and she scolded him for it. To which me merely said. "It's just hair." As she walked home she wondered why Aomine liked her. She had yet to reciprocate those feelings. What did he like about her? If he wasn't in it for her breasts what was he in it for? She felt slightly depressed as she walked home, she couldn't think of to many good points outside of appearance. She wanted to ask him but felt a little shy as Momoi was walking with them. She'd have to ask him later, but it was a question that she desperately wanted an answer to. They made it to her house and Sayuri said goodbye before her hand was grabbed and Aomine gave her smirk as she looked back at her startled. "Don't forget your promise, about my surprise." He told her gripping her wrist a little softer. "I didn't forget, you have to be a good boy if you want it." She told him a little embarrassed by what she had said. "Wait, what? A surprise!" Momoi jumped in. Sayuri squeezed Aomine's hand a little before she rushed inside her house.

Oh god she felt like a love sick teenager. Well she didn't love him but she was feeling those butterflies everyone gets in their first love. She had taken a nice hot shower and walked into the living room in her pajamas. "So how life as an ordinary teenage girl?" Her mother teased. "I'm going to make burgers for the basketball team tomorrow will you help me?" Sayuri ignored her mother's word and asked for assistance. "Oh can I come." Her mother cheered eagerly like a little girl. Sayuri blushed as she thought to the surprise she had promised Aomine. "No, you shouldn't come." She tried to deny her as respectfully as possible. "Put you can't carry everything there yourself." Her mother said a little disappointed she perked up as she thought up a way she could join. "I'll drive you." Sayuri shock her head. "I'll be riding with the team. Satsuki's bringing me along to help." Sayuri said as she curled up onto the couch as her doubts of Aomine crowded her mind again. "Hey, something bothering you." Sayuri's mother asked concern evident in her expression. "I was just wondering what it was about me Aomine liked, I don't understand why he likes me." She said venting a little. "You should ask him." Her mother replied instantly. "I will." She said. "I got to get him alone first." Sayuri gave her excuse as to why she hasn't yet. "I can't think of any reason he would like me outside my appearance anyway. Her mother sighed and reached for the remote to flip the TV on. "There's no reason to worry dear. Ask him I'm sure he'll tell you."