Chapter 10

Sayuri grumbled to herself as she tossed in bed. She was fretting over Aomine Daiki again. What was with him? Did he really find pleasure in pissing her off? Was he crazy? Was he a sadist? This guy was annoying. Telling him off seemed to have the opposite effect. Something felt different now. She hated him, she was annoyed with him, and she wanted to wipe that smug look off his face. But she didn't dislike him. She felt a like weird having such a feeling. He wasn't a bad guy, just a cocky, perverted moron. She hated him. But not in the same way as before, more of she didn't mind him as much. He didn't seem to have any terrible intentions. And he seemed like a good guy. Well as said before, a good, annoying, cocky, perverted, bastard. She was angered by him even now, but also had this strange excited urge to see him again. Maybe it was just her romantic view talking. Maybe she too just wanted a good fight.

The next day was a weekend and she felt a little relieved. The further into the day she got the more restless she got. She had another whole day without school. She wanted to see Momoi, her new friend. She was anxious hoping to meet her expectations. She couldn't contact her at all. She herself did not have a cell phone, and she never got Momoi's number. She should have asked for it.

She was lying in the doorway trying to think of an excuse or any way to see Momoi. They had walked home together and Sayuri had pointed out her own house and Momoi said she lived further down. Momoi knew where she lived maybe she'd drop by. Her feet dangling off the side of the floor and into the doorway she was wearing a blue hoodie over a white tank top zipped up without sleeves and yellow stars in the corner of the fabric. She wore a white skirt with thin white short underneath as she turned onto her back and lifted her arms above her head her skin against the cold floor. She suddenly had the strangest urge to leave the house. She was a full time shut in most of the time. She'd been anxious to leave the house for a while. But where would she go. She didn't have any money or friends. And could only go to places within walking distance. She could take Marty for a walk. She looked over her shoulder to see Marty sprawled out onto the floor in the doorway imitating her as she lay next to her. The next few minutes Sayuri struggled with attempting to drag Marty out of the house. Marty was lazily dragged out the door a few feet still sleep showing no effort to even resist she was so lazy. Pouting at her failed attempt Sayuri decided to head out by herself. She didn't have a real destination she was just out for a walk. She followed the usually root to school part of the way. She wondered if Momoi was there managing practice again. She had no desire to head to the school in her current attire. She honestly should have changed into a longer skirt and less reveling top before she went out. But it was hot so she had decided against it, besides the streets were mostly empty today. Her jacket was unzipped and tied around her waist as she broke into a slight skip. All the sudden she regretted following the school root. She was turning around the corner when she heard voices ahead of her. She hid behind the corner peaking out to see. Momoi followed by a group of boys she recognized to be newly recruited first years. As well as Aomine who was walking silently behind them without a care his arms followed behind his head as he walked past. Sayuri did not want to get caught and end up being seen in her current attire. She was mostly afraid of Aomine's eyes she could imagine him staring at her in her short skirt as if undressing her in his mind with a another annoying smirk spread across his face. No no no! She could not endure that. Besides she was too shy to walk up with all those first years she didn't know. She started creeping away but to her misfortune was caught by Momoi. "Sayuri!" Momoi waved to her as she shrieked her name in her direction. Sayuri halted abruptly. She was seen and had to stop now, if she ran off, she'd been rude to Momoi, her new friend. With a sigh she pulled her skirt down as best she could and zipped up her jacket. She turned and walked over meeting Momoi half way before she led her back. "What a coincidence. We were just about to take the new members out to eat today." Momoi explained. Sayuri looked up cautiously in Aomine's direction. She met his smoldering gaze as a smirk tugged on his lips. He stood his eyes moving up and down her form. The same gaze she'd expected. She blushed and unconsciously pulled her skirt down more. "Everyone, this is Sayuri Kobayashi, she's a friend a mine, you wouldn't mind if she joined us would you?" Momoi begged posing almost seductively giving the boys her best smile. Momoi clearly knew how to manipulate boys, using her knock out body as a weapon. They all blushed and nodded immediately. Momoi tugged on Sayuri clinging to her arm pressing herself up against her body. "Yeah, thank you, boys you're the best." She smile and bounced a little. Being fervently watched by the set of boys who obviously were focused on their racks. Sayuri should have worn her most supportive and tight bra. She blushed even more at their gazes. Momoi released Sayuri for a moment rushing up to thank the boys and Sayuri was abandoned as Aomine walked next to her. He smelled sweaty and hot, probably from practice. He was towering over her the sun behind him setting his large shadow over her as his gaze ravaged her body. "Nice legs." He whispered into her ear as he bent over. The sudden hot breath against her skin as it flushed against her ear and down her neck she jumped and shivered as she clasped her hand around her neck that had been affected. Almost instinctively she reached out to smack him only to be caught once more. His grip around her wrist strong and rough. His hand was so much bigger than hers. She was flustered and her shoulders tense as she avoided eye contact. "A little embarrassed are we." He teased whispering closer. She paused for a moment and tilted her head up to him. "No, it's just that you reek." She rudely shoved him away. He conceded with a laugh as he backed up. Momoi, and the boys watched for a moment, surprised as too the timid girls outburst. Momoi smiled suddenly watching the two. "Come on everyone, let's get some ramen." Momoi shouted as if leading a charge the boys following behind her like devoted fans cheering on an idol. Sayuri speed up to follow, Aomine following behind her with a smile. He hovered behind her examining the way her skirt drifted about as she walked, the way her chest bounced slightly as she hurried behind Momoi. He couldn't keep his eyes off her.

By the time they made it to the ramen shop Sayuri was worn out. Aomine was hovering over her breathing down her neck the whole walk. Staring at her with those steel blue eyes. He teased her and talked to her the whole way leaving her in a flustered mess at his efforts. She raised her voice to him several times. She only got relief when Momoi finally came to the rescue asking her about what she wanted as they arrived. The stares and close proximity didn't stop. She been so distracted with Aomine and his teasing, she was unintentionally speaking her mind, talking a lot, and completely forgetting about the unfamiliar people around her. Aomine was sat on her left and Momoi sat on her right at the bar as they eat their steaming bowl of noodles and meat. Aomine's presence made her lose her appetite. He glanced at her as he chugged down his food clearly hunger after practice. He noticed her sudden timid nature come back as she poked at her food. Leaning towards her with his chop sticks he lowered them into her bowl grabbing a chunk of beef and quickly shoving it in his mouth. Her face instantly went red, from both anger and embarrassment. "Hey! That's mine." She suddenly whined at him pouting and tugging on his sleeve. "You snooze you lose." He smirked at her and her anger seemed to dissipate and turn to complete embarrassment at his teasingly seductive glance as he tilted his head to her. She pouted and aimed for his bowl with her chop sticks. He used his other arm to block her attack and with her other hand steals another piece of meat from her bowl. She growled a little only for him to reciprocate and growl back leaning into her ear. She flushed again and clasped her hand over her ear. "Haven't you ever heard of personal space?" She shouted to him. Momoi who had been watching the exchange leaned in her chop sticks held out to Sayuri with a piece of meat held tightly in-between them. "Here, Sayuri, say aww!" Sayuri turned to her arms still held up defensively between her and Aomine. She leaned closer and opened her mouth to Sayuri as Momoi dropped the meat into her mouth. Aomine took the opportunity and snatched another slip of meat. "That's cheating." Sayuri said tugging his sleeve again with a pout. "Can't cheat in a game with no rules." Aomine countered. Sayuri smiled to herself a little. He had a point. She pouted and turned to her bowl putting her chop sticks in she had a good idea. She held up the meat to Aomine. "Say aww." She smirked to him. He smirked back looking excited again. He lent forward to accept it. Just as she was about to drop it in his mouth she smirked and pulled her hand back quickly turning it around and opening her mouth to eat it herself. "Psyche." She teased. Just as she was about to eat it he opened his eyes and grabbed her wrist leaning forward close to her face turning her hand and eating the food off the chopsticks. Sayuri was shocked and turned beat red in seconds. Her mouth wide open as he leaned back and licked his lips teasingly. This action only amplified her embarrassment and she gritted her teeth together, in anger at her lose. "The only one who can beat me is me."