Chapter 29

The walk home had been cheerful and energetic. Sayuri tried to forget about her pervert of a boyfriend and focus on this bonding time with Momoi. But she couldn't let it go. She was upset by it. Everyone could tell. She was a little down after she escaped Aomine. As well as Sayuri could read people she was herself an open book. Especially once she had her guard down. Momoi occasionally shot Aomine glares as if silently telling him to apologize. Even clueless Fujimoto noticed and sweetly comforted Sayuri drawing out his phone and drawing her attention away from the problem to look at pictures of his new puppy. He always seemed to pick up on Sayuri easier than other things. 

Soon Momoi and Fujimoto headed there way home and Aomine was left after being practically threatened by Momoi to walk Sayuri home the whole way. Things were suddenly awkward. Not the normal awkward only Sayuri seemed to have when they were alone together. Her normal blushing and avoiding of eye contact, the way she looked so absolutely helpless he wanted to tease her. 

But now she just looked dejected. Sad and upset. Hurt, she mostly looked hurt. To be honest he didn't fully understand why. Was it because of his intentions towards her rack? He was only half joking when he executed his plan. It was just like every other thing he did. She had no problem with his teasing before. If anything she loved the attention. So what was it? What gave her such a hurt expression? He felt as though her own sadness spread to him mixed with his confusion and this aching worry that annoyed him. What was he doing awkwardly staying quiet. He needed to say something or this would only get worse she wasn't one to point out such problems unlike himself. 

"Hey, you mad about something?" He asked his hands stuffed in his pockets as he tilted his head back with an annoyed and worried expression. She turned back to him for a moment. "No, i'm not mad at you." She simply said. She turned away again and kept her head down wondering whether she should start walking again. 

"Then what's wrong, you're upset?" He asked. She stopped and turned towards him. "Its stupid." She said still keeping her head down. He turned down towards her She was was standing a step away directly in front of him her hands nervously pulling on her skirt. 

This new kind of nervous he didn't like. She felt so distant, so far away. He was already trying to win her affection, a unsolved fight would ruin everything. He couldn't lose her now that he's worked this far. 

"What's stupid?" He asked again he voice sounding more annoyed then he wanted. She tensed at his voice looking worried she was annoying him. "Well, I'm just thinking about something stupid, I'll get over it." She looked so distant he couldn't handle it. He reached out quickly and grabbed her hand pulling it upwards towards his face.

His fingers wrapped around her wrist rather roughly and almost desperately. "Tell, what's wrong." He ordered her. She looked up at his serious expression that seemed hurt as well. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you angry." She was stopped mid sentence as he lowered her hand slightly and gave it a light squeeze. "I'm not angry." He said as his gaze softening. She looked up into his blue eyes searching for something. He wasn't angry but worried. 

"I'm sorry." She once again started off with an apology that made Aomine stiffen. "Its just I was all worried about you cause you were upset earlier and I tried to seriously comfort you and you took advantage of it." She suddenly pouted and turned her head away. "Wait what are upset about?" He asked again not really understanding. She growled a little under her breath and continued. "I was really worried you know, it was my fault because I let Fujimoto join us, and you were in a bad mood so I wanted to comfort you, and that was the best way I could think of. And you had to ruin it and get all perverted." She angrily turned around and beat on his chest and sniff and tear back for a moment determined not to cry over such a silly matter.