Chapter 21

During the bus ride she sat quietly with Akira, while Momoi went over the game plan once again. She dished orders so professional and firmly. Sayuri merely sat and listened hoping to gleam some more knowledge of the unfamiliar game. They were going against Shutoku high, home to a strong team and one of the generations of miracles. Midorima Shintarou. He went to Teiko middle school along with the rest of the generation of miracles. To be honest Sayuri knew next to nothing about him. Akira seemed to understand better than she did. She looked down to her hands as she sat in the car; she would occasionally look up to Aomine to see his expression. He was serious; he looked excited, pumped up. He was smiling wide as they continued to strategize. She blushed and turned away. He was kind of cute getting to passionate.

They arrived at the stadium, they began to unpack, and she could tell Aomine was starring at her from the corner of his eye. She froze and turned around to meet his gaze; she grumbled and stuck her tongue out at him. He merely laughed as she turned her back to him stomping away with a feigned attitude smiling a giggling to herself. Akira gave a curious and frustrated glare to Aomine at the exchange. To which Aomine noticing his gaze stuck his tongue out at him. Much to Akira displeasure.

After they had unpacked everything Sayuri put her heels on. She hesitated looking at the black shoes on her feet. Would it be weird to suddenly change? She wondered. She wanted to look her best. As she thought it over Akira came and stood next to her. "It's almost time for the game to start we should find a seat." He said looking down at his watch. She looked up at the clock hanging on the wall. "You go find us some seats; I have to go talk to Aomine." She told him as she started off to their locker room. Akira hesitated as he heard she was going to see Aomine, he wanted to come along to make sure he didn't try anything. But he decided against it in favor of finding good seats.

Sayuri walked down the hallway to the locker room, she peaked open the door, the team was warmed up and talking over details together. Aomine saw her as she hesitated to enter with the serious atmosphere hanging over everyone. Aomine walked to the door and pulled it open suddenly surprising her as she hadn't seen him. Her timid form jumped back as her eyes widened. He smirked at her and she nervously swallowed salvia. "I wanted to talk to you for a moment." She said shyly looking at her hands. "Talk." He said leaning on the door frame. She tensed her shoulders and blushed. "Could you step out here a moment, please?" She shyly asked. She stepped out and shut the door behind him. She kept her gaze to the floor, as if she was gaining up courage. "I'm waiting." he said leaning down slightly. She glanced up at him with a bright red blush on her cheeks as she stood up on her tip toes. She reached her hand up to gently touch his cheek, her soft pale delicate finger tips brushing against his tan cheek. She tilted his head and closed her eyes as she pressed her pink lips to his cheek. She than lowered back down off her tip toes and kept her view down embarrassed. Aomine seemed shocked. Before he could say anything she stuttered as she spoke. "You better win, if you want anymore." She said before embarrassment took over her and she dashed away.

Sayuri was still bright red when she spotted Akira and shuffled through the blenchers to sit beside him. Akira noticed her flushed face and became annoyed. "Did that bastard do something to you?" He asked getting angry. "No." She quietly shakes her head watching her fingers in her lap. "I did something to him." She finally said giving Akira a smile. Akira seemed even more annoyed but didn't say anything else on the subject. Soon both teams came onto the court. Sayuri could see Aomine and Momoi, as well as the rest of the team as they bowed with the Shutoku team before the game started. She could see boy she assumed to be Midorima. He had a serious look, with glasses, and green hair. For some reason he had ceramic gnome on the bench. She tilted her head curiously, why was that there? The game started and she kept up to the best of her ability. She watched as both teams faced off. She watched as each team moved around to combat each other, control of the game shifting back and forth between the two. She found herself getting wound up in the game. Her focus mostly on Aomine. She couldn't help but smile. He was having so much fun, he really was. Her heart warmed as the game continued fiercely.