Chapter 9

Sayuri had waited all day choosing to eat in the classroom in the hopes Momoi would stop by again. She was anxious and merely picked at her food. The girls in class seemed to have decided to ignore her, though not in a rude way. Merely deciding not to pursue a relationship in any other way just as if they were normal classmates you hardly know or speak to everyday. She did seem to notice a guilty glance from Rina every so often but and Sayuri treated them as everyone else in class, giving kind short answers when spoken to and soft smile if their glances caught each other. Things had returned to normal all in one day. People seemed to watch the doorway as if waiting for someone to run in a drag Sayuri out of the classroom again. But nothing of the sort ever happened. Sayuri merely satin class silently playing with her food as everyone became interested in another rumor going around that had sprouted up from another classroom. Though definitely not forgotten the subject was put on the back burner for today's new topic. Sayuri was a little relieved that the attention had swayed to something else for the moment as she anxious waited for someone to come again. As time went by during class break it became clear she would eat alone today. Slightly disappointed she wondered whether Momoi ever wanted to eat together again. If she asked herself would that be pushing it? Maybe she just didn't like her. Finding it better to wait, she merely put her food away uneaten and read another chapter of her book she'd been interrupted in yesterday. She finally finished the big reveal and it was looking pretty bad for the protagonist so far. Sayuri felt this edging feeling another major plot twist was coming up but couldn't place what it was or when it was going to happen.

After class feeling a little low and disappointed she sat at her desk deciding to read a little before heading home. Maybe she was still waiting for Momoi somehow. She really felt pathetic now. Maybe Momoi was busy with her other friends today. She frowned to herself. Suddenly an idea popped into her head. She cringed a little at the thought. She could go ask Momoi to walk home with her. No no no. She stopped herself. Doing something like that would be way too crazy for her. It wasn't just her shy nature speaking. It was after school, and Momoi was manager of the boy's basketball team. She was undoubtedly busy right now. She sighed as she pushed the thought out of her mind. She really was helpless, but she couldn't just walk up to her class and ask for Momoi during lunch she hardly knew her. It would be presumptuous of her to do something like that and assume they were friends. She sighed maybe she was just over thinking it. She closed her book and got up collecting her bag and gracefully caring it as she walked to the door. She had been invited by another boy to walk home again today. If she was willing to wait till after his club activities. She had rejected him. After Fujimoto had gained up the courage to talk to her the boys in class seemed to not see her as unapproachable as before. They'd gained up their courage and began pursuing her attention. Before boys merely watched her, this new form of social interaction had her blushing to no end. She collected her books from the desk putting them in her bag before turning to the door. And then she heard a skipping sound from the hall way. The sound got closer until a head of pink hair peeked into the room. A little smile came onto Sayuri's face she only knew one girl with such silky straight pink hair as that. Momoi Satsuki was standing there with a smirk on her face as she picked Sayuri out from the nearly empty class room. She skipped into the classroom with a grin on her face her short skirt floating about as she hopped about, a stunning sight for any man. "Sayuri!" Momoi burst out dashing to her grabbing her arm and curling up to her. "Let's walk home together today!" She squeaked as she tugged on Sayuri's uniform sleeve. Sayuri was a little taken back she was even clingier than the first time they meet. Sayuri quietly nodded her head with a smile on her face looking extremely pleased. Momoi continued as soon as she saw the approval on Sayuri's face. "I have to manage the team so you wouldn't mind waiting a little for me would you?" Momoi whined a little and pouted begging her. "Sure, I don't mind, I'd love to walk home with you Mrs. Momoi." Sayuri shyly asked with a grin. "Ms. Momoi? Sayuri call me Satsuki, we're friends aren't we." Momoi Pouted as she grabbed Sayuri's hand. Sayuri suddenly had this absolutely pleased expression. Looking like a praised puppy with wide eyes and a pleading expression. "We're friends?" She asked looking to be in complete paradise with a slight blush in her cheeks, and a dreamy look in her eyes. "Of course silly, hurry up I got to get back to practice." Momoi pulled her along again. Sayuri was more willing this time as she was pulled along Momoi gripping her hand tightly. They speed through the walls. Momoi explaining how to write her name in kanji as well as guessing Sayuri's writing. They quickly made it to the gym. Momoi dragged her inside collecting the attention of the boys all changed and practicing together. Sayuri felt embarrassed to be the center of attention all the boys suddenly watching as Momoi dragged Sayuri to a bench sitting her down and sitting her school bag beside her. "Wait right here for me, k." She smiled and dashed off to the boys who had all stopped to gape at the sight of two girls with bountiful chests dash in. As they were used to seeing Momoi every day, Sayuri was a different story. She had everyone's attention. She tried to read the book quietly to avoid attracting attention but she didn't seem to have much a choice in the matter. She felt overly self conscious for a few minutes that felt like hours until Momoi called for the boys explaining why she was here. Sayuri could still feel stares but they had lessened much to her relief. 

She sighed as she opened her book once more reading a romantic scene between the main chapter and the female lead. Being a romantic she couldn't help but feel moved at the scene that played out. Unfortunately for the male lead she didn't seem so interested in him. "Poor Guy," she murmured to herself. 

She had gotten so distracted by her book for a moment she was startled when she heard Momoi shrieking near the wide double door to the gym. "Dai, what took you so long, you're really late." Momoi scolded him for a moment prattling on about how late he was and how important practice was. "Yeah, yeah, calm your tits." Aomine shrugged it off and walked inside. He was now wearing a pair of baggy gym shorts and a white t-shirt. Sayuri caught herself staring for a moment. He really was muscular. He made eye contact with her and smirk staring at her from a short distance off. She blushed and turned away feeling annoyed at his attitude. She left her book unattended in her lap as she starred off in the opposite direction from him. She had an anger pout on her face as she growled lightly to himself. She meant this as more of a warning, but his eyes light up and he strolled towards her ignoring Momoi, taking her behavior as an invitation. He approached with a laugh as she tensed and sat up straight. "Hey Boobs, what are you doing here." He stood in front of her with that same cocky look etched onto his face. The word boobs flushed her face. She turned to him with anger clear in her voice. "I thought we agreed you'd never call me that again." She snapped at him. His smirk widened. Looking like a little kid with a new toy. "We agreed I wouldn't call you tits, right boobs." He was clearly teasing her now. She clenched her fists around her skirt. He did have point. Her anger lessened and she pouted little at his truth. "What is something wrong?" He teased some more. She tried to think of a comeback. "You're a pig." She said loud enough for him to hear but low enough no one else could. He was a little taken back for a minute but laughed pretty loudly afterward gaining attention. She was a little to annoy to notice. "It's incredibly rude to call someone, especially a female, by such a lewd term, if you continue with any such comment or labeling I'll have to inform a teacher; is that enough clarification for you?" She spoke with a serious look on her face her cheeks still lightly flushed. Still a timid form, but a sense of confidence in her voice. He gave a shrug, "I win." He said merely stepping closer. She grumbled. "Win what?" She asked. He merely smirked, staring at her with his blue eyes. She felt as if he was undressing her in his mind. His gaze left her hot and flustered. Maybe he had won. "Dai!" Momoi shouted to him. She pounced over, her pink hair bouncing on her shoulders. "Leave, Sayuri alone, get on that court right now." Momoi angrily ordered him. He shot Sayuri a triumphant glance before turning to the court. He strolled onto the court with that same cocky attitude. Oh he was annoying. Something about him pissed her off. It was almost like he was digging. Not wanting obedience, but a fight. He was picking a fight.