Chapter 7

Tony

"What in the hell were you thinking?"

Giovanni and I were making our way to the basement.

"Mind your own."
"You brought her into our home."
"My home. This is my house. Her last name does not determine who she is. The moment you step into this house, you are an Andiacci. Besides, she wouldn't hurt a fly."
"You've fallen for her, haven't you?"

Ignoring his idiotic question, I opened the basement door and walked down the stairs. I smirked in satisfaction to see my victim quiver in fear as soon as our eyes met. He worked for Alexei. Giovanni set up a fake drop-off drug deal and when he showed up, my men attacked him and brought him here.

"Ready to talk?"
"Never.", he said tiredly.

His voice was weak. Bloodstained what remained of his clothes. A pool of blood lay at his feet. Bruises were beginning to form. His nose and left ear were deformed due to the wrath he faced yesterday.

I slowly made my way towards him.

"You're weak. Just tell me what Alexei is planning and I'll stop."

He gripped his jaw.

I pulled out my gun and shot him in both of his feet. He cried in pain.

"Please."
"Tell me! Now!"
"He's planning an ambush. He knows you have his wife. He wants to take Valeria back and then burn this place to the ground, while you watch."

I wrapped my hands around his throat.

"When?", I asked through gritted teeth.
"Tomorrow night."

I squeezed his throat until I saw him take his last breath.

"Get him out of here. We got work to do."

Valeria

Aria and I were cleaning Tony's library. It was huge and incredibly dusty and in need of a good sweeping. This is the first time I've cleaned anything in a long time. We had nine housekeepers who took care of it for us.

"So, you were really worried about Tony. Do you have feelings for him?"
"What? Of course not. I'm married."
"Well, that's good. He's used girls in the past. When he's done using them as his sex toy, he gets rid of them. I've seen it with my own eyes."

I nodded. I was about to respond when Tony walked in.

"There you are, Valeria. Something has come up and you and I are going to another one of my homes."
"J-just us?", I asked as he walked towards me.
"Yes, just you and me. Aria, your grandmother has called for you."

She nodded and left.

"Why are we leaving?"
"As a safety precaution."
"What about Aria? And Camilla and Giovanni?"
"They're staying here."

I nodded, but still not understanding why.

"I've packed the new clothes that Camilla got for you. We leave in an hour."
Alexei

"What do you mean he never came back?"
"I mean that he never came back with our package. I bet he ran off with it."

I slammed my fist on the table in front of me. 

"Victor!", I barked.

He rushed into the room.

"Track his phone."
"Alright.", he said as he exited the room. I checked the cameras but saw nothing.

"Boss, we know where he is.  He's at the Andiacci Manor.", Ivan said as I felt fury overcome my body.

"He went to their side."

I punched the vase filled with flowers that was next to me. It fell to the ground and shattered. 

"I'm conducting a meeting in the basement."

I saw their confused expressions, but I continued making my way down towards the basement. They followed.

The smell of burnt flesh became stronger and stronger the closer we got.

I smiled as I saw Albert.

"Oh, we haven't forgotten about you."
"What more can you do to me?"
"You gave my wife to those Italians. You deserve worse than this. "
"I did you a favor. She was a stupid whore."

Victor kicked his partially burnt face.

"Don't you ever speak of her that way."

He grunted and his head hung.

"Boss, why are we having the meeting down here?"
"I want to show you what will happen if any of you cross me."

I grabbed Albert and went to work.

Valeria

Tony and I were in the car, headed to one of his other houses. Tony has been cold and quiet towards me since we left. He hasn't even looked at me.

We arrived at our destination and Tony led me inside the house. He went back outside to collect our bags. I began walking around the big beautiful home. I walked upstairs and walked down the long hall. I noticed that one of the doors in the hallway was different than the rest. One was Gray, while the others were brown. I opened the door and was taken back to see that I was staring at myself.

There were pictures of me taped all over the walls. Some pictures included me with Victor, but none of Alexei. Some were simply of me reading in our library and bedroom, while some were of me eating breakfast or sitting around the house. I turned to see a picture of me on my wedding day. Alexei was noticeably cut out of it. I looked happy. I remember every single minute of that day. It was the best.

"Valeria!", Tony yelled.

I remained still as Tony continued to scream my name. I kept looking at the pictures. How long ago did he get these? How did he get these? Did he take them?

"Valeria!"

I turned to see him behind me. His face was red. He looked as if he'd been running. His facial expression turned cold.

"What in the hell are you doing in here?"

"I-I'm so-sorry. I j- I was curious and then I saw the pictures, s-"

"Get out!", he spat.

"Ok. Where do you want me to go?"

"You'll be staying across the hall. Go!", he yelled.

I nearly skipped out the door. I went into the room and sat on the bed. I don't think he's ever yelled at me before. I hate this new attitude of his.

Tony

I walked to the master bedroom and sat on the bed. My head in my hands. She was afraid of me. She all but ran out the door. I thought she had run away again when I didn't see her by the entrance. I felt something that I'd never felt before.

I don't know what it is, but I keep catching myself thinking about her. I feel myself wanting to open up to her and I've never done that before, so I just shut down towards her.

I feel like shit right now. I just can't tell her how I feel. Not yet. She still loves him, but I'm going to change that. I'm going to show her the kind of person he is. I'm going to show her he doesn't love her.

I'm going to make her mine.