Chapter 1

Valeria

I squeezed my eyes shut as I waited to hear what Alexei would do next. I was upstairs in the library, but I could still hear him shouting at the man that his men brought to the basement earlier today. I didn't get a chance to see the victim as his head was covered with a black bag. I've seen this happen many times before and I knew what was coming next. As I tried to drown it out, I heard my name being called. The maid, Alessandra suddenly emerged in the library.

"Mrs. Petrov, your husband is calling you to the basement."
"Yeah, no shit. You've been here for almost 12 years and you have yet to say one intelligent thing to me."

She put her head down as I walked passed her. I smirked in satisfaction. I made my way to the basement.

The closer I got to the basement, the louder the screams got. Alexei has outdone himself. I opened the basement door to see a young boy chained to the wall. He had blue eyes and curly dark hair.

"Alexei, who is this boy?", I said walking over to him and digging my nail into his chin.
"He's an Andiacchi. The nephew of our rival, Tony Andiacchi."

I never knew why Alexei and his family hated the Andiacchis. When I met Alexei he always talked about ruining them and killing off his entire bloodline. I thought he was just saying it out of anger.

"So, what are we going to do with him?"
"I was thinking something along the lines of cutting off his limbs one by one and sending our rival a little present."

I smirked in understanding. Alexei snapped his fingers and his men stalked towards the boy.

Alexei grabbed my hand and led me out of the basement. He leads me upstairs to our bedroom. He smirked at me as he locked the door. He stalked over to me. He ran a hand through my hair. He twirled my hair around with his fingers. He gave me a smirk and I knew what was coming next. He drew his hand back and slapped me. I fell to the floor. He stood over me and kicked my head repeatedly. I cried out and he didn't stop until the was a knock on the door and two of his men, Victor and Albert, could be heard from the other side. Alexei walked out and left me lying there.

I've known Victor since I met Alexei. He was his best friend and now he's his best man. He knew what Alexei did to me. He always apologized for it. He always had a sweet spot for women. I didn't know Albert that well. He was strict and uptight.

I picked myself up and decided to take a shower to clean off the blood. I closed my eyes and let the hot water take me over. I feel like I am entering into my own world as my feet caress the cool, smooth, slick tiles on the floor. The water warmed to perfection feels extremely good; especially, now that it feels like an ice box outside. The sound of the calming water drip dropping and splishing feels like I have gone to sleep, and I am now in a dream. I have fallen head over heels in love with the shower.

The smell of the fresh fragrance soap is ever so sensual. There is hardly any day that I take a shower and not try to use almost every last bit of soap. I can't help it. The sweet-scented air mixed with warm steam enters my nostrils and makes the tiny hair follicles inside dance with joy.

I forced myself out of the shower and got dressed. I changed into a red lace dress and black ankle boots. I made my way to the main room.

Suddenly I was being grabbed and a hand was being placed over my mouth. I tried to scream but it was muffled. I was silently praying that Alexei would come. I managed to turn my head to the side and saw Albert with a rare crooked smile. I shivered and tried to break free, but he was too strong. I bit down on his hand and he moved his hand from my mouth.

"What are you-"

That was all I managed before everything went dark.