23: Happy Beginnings

Tony

We carried our twins into our home.

After the doctors said they were fine, we decided to just come home.

I had someone buy baby stuff for Giovanni.

Valeria and I took them to the nursery.

Giovanni was still asleep, but Karina was still being fussy.

I put Giovanni in his crib, while Valeria gently rocked Karina.

"What do you want? I just fed and changed you. Please stop crying."

"She's tired."

I kissed Karina's forehead.

She looked up at me with her big brown eyes that she inherited from her mother.

She stopped crying and started smiling.

"Is that what you wanted, princess?"

She yawned in Valeria's arms.

Valeria placed her in her crib.

"I'm exhausted."

"Me too, but I have a surprise for you."

"What?"

"It's waiting in our room."

"Okay..."

She walked towards our room as I went to find Giovanni.

Valeria

I walked in my room to see Aria standing near my bed.

"What's going on?"

"Tony planned a special day for the both of you. Come on, let's get you ready."

She grabbed me and pushed me onto the chair.

She applied concealer to hide the bags under my eyes and a bold red lipstick.

She put my hair in milkmaid braids.

"Wow."

I don't think I ever saw myself as beautiful until now. I never believed it when Tony said it.

"You're beautiful, Valeria."

"What does Tony have planned for us?"

"It's a surprise."

Aria pulled me into the closet.

"Okay, here. Put this on."

She handed me a silky white dress.

"He loves you in white. He says it makes you look like an angel."

I blushed and put on the dress.

"Do you think he'll like it?"

"Let's go find out."

We walked out of the house, arms linked, and towards the creek. I could see that it was lit with candles.

It all made sense when I got to the creek.

There was a long trail of rose petals and at the end of them, stood Tony, dressed in a nice black tuxedo.

Beside him stood, Bruno, Victor and Giovanni. They were all wearing matching Dark blue tuxes that matched Aria's dark blue and gold dress. Giovanni was holding his godson and Victor was holding Karina.

Aria led me down the trail of rose petals.

I finally reached Tony.

"I can't believe you planned this. It's beautiful."

"I had some help."

The preacher smiled at us.

"Let's begin."

Tony and I joined hands.

"We are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union Valeria Bout and Antonio Andiacchi in marriage in the time they have known each other, their love and understanding has grown and matured and now they have decided to live together as husband and wife."

"No other human ties are more tender and no other vows are more important than the ones you are about to take. Both of you come to this day with deep realization that the contract of marriage is sacred as are all of the obligations and responsibilities of marriage."

"Valeria and Antonio, today you choose each other to begin your life together. For all the tomorrows that follow, you will choose each other over and over again, in the privacy of your hearts."

"Now on to the vows."

"I, Antonio Andiacchi, take you, Valeria Bout, to be my partner, knowing what I know of you and trusting what I do not yet know. I eagerly anticipate getting to see the woman you will become and falling in love with you a little bit every day. I promise to love and cherish you through whatever life may bring us."

His voice was cracking.

"I, Valeria Bout, choose you, Antonio Andiacchi, to be my husband and to respect you in your successes and in your failures, to care for you in sickness and in health, to nurture you and to grow with you in the seasons of life."

Tears fell from my cheeks.

"The rings, please."

Aria handed us the rings.

"I, Valeria Bout, give you, Antonio Andiacchi, this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you. With this ring, I thee wed."

I slid the platinum wedding band on his finger.

I, Antonio Andiacchi, give you, Valeria Bout, this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you. With this ring, I thee wed."

He slid a beautiful platinum 3-stone diamond ring on my finger.

"By the power vested in me by the state of New Jersey, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Tony wasted no time in swooping me up in his arms and deeply kissing me.

I pulled away, remembering that our family was next to us.

Family. I finally have a family.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Andiacchi."

Tony

The sounds of cheers and applause echoed around the creek.

I picked up Valeria and spun her around.

"I love you so much."

"I love you more."

Our children were being handed to us.

"I'm glad they're here. They got to see the celebration of their parents' love."

"I'm so lucky to have all three of you. I never felt like I had a family or belonged anywhere until now."

I kissed the love of my life once more as fireworks burst above us.

Sometimes the darkest of souls get their happy ever after.

--------------

It's a wrap! Wife Of A Mafia Boss has officially run its course. I'm really going to miss this book. I've had a lot of fun writing this book. Its going to be really hard to let this story go. I may or may not write a couple more epilogues.