Chapter 8

Tony

After putting myself back together, I decided to start cooking dinner for Valeria and me. I threw two chicken breasts in the fryer and made a quick tomato sauce to make chicken parmigiana and began working on the salad.

After I finished hand-tossing the salads, I put the chicken parmigiana on the plates and placed them on the table.

I walked up to the room, Valeria was staying in and knocked on the door.

"Valeria, dinner's ready."

Silence.

"Valeria!"

Silence.

I opened the door and saw Valeria, sitting in the middle of the bed, sitting in the middle of the bed, drinking what looked like a bottle of whiskey.

"Valeria, where'd you get that?"
"Cabinet.", she slightly slurred the word.
"Princess, put the bottle down."

I sat beside her and reached for the bottle. She gave it to me and I sat it on the nightstand. I grabbed her and placed her on my lap. I began stroking her hair.

"I'm sorry I yelled."
"Y-you scared me.", she hiccuped.
"I'm sorry, Princess."

She wrapped her arms around me. I pulled her closer to me. I didn't want the moment to end, but unfortunately, it did when I felt something wet touch my neck.

I pulled away and looked at Valeria. Her eyes were dark and filled with lust.

"Valeria, no.", I warned.
"Please.", she said before she placed her lips on mine. I had to force myself to pull away from her.

"Valeria, you're drunk. I'm not doing anything with you until you're fully sober and can think straight."
"I want you."
"No, you don't. You just think you do."

She began sobbing and laid her head on my chest. I stroked her hair until her breathing calmed down. Her light breathing turned into a soft snore. I laid her down and pulled the comforter on her.

I went downstairs, wrapped up the food, and put it away.

I went to my bedroom and attempted to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I needed her long, soft legs entangled in mine. I needed her arm thrown over my chest. I need her head in the crook of my neck. 

I got up and went into her room to see the bed empty and the bathroom light on.

"Valeria."
"Don't come in here."

I walked in to see her crouched in front of the toilet.

She spat and then flushed the toilet.

"Tony, I'm fine. Go.", she said weakly

I rubbed her back as she caught her breath.

"Are you okay?"

She nodded. I wiped her mouth and helped her up before helping her brush her teeth.

I took her to my bedroom and she began undressing. We stared at each other.

"Valeria.", I whispered.
"I'm going to take a shower."

I nodded, unable to speak with her standing naked in front of me. She walked into the bathroom. I wanted to follow her in there, but I knew I couldn't. Not until she asked me to.

Valeria

I don't know what is wrong with me. I can't lose control like that. I almost did something that I would've regretted. I walked to the mirror and stared at my tired reflection.

"You are married. You belong with Alexei. Tony is just using you to get back at him. He doesn't care about you."
"That's not true. "

I turned to see Tony standing near the door.

"You think I don't care about you? I left my home that your husband will soon if he hasn't already destroyed, so I can protect you."
"What?"
"Alexei and his men are planning on attacking my home, in hopes of getting you back."
"What about Giovanni and Aria and everyone else?"
"They are at one of my other homes."
"Then why aren't we with them?"
"I wanted us to be alone."
"Tony, what did you think was going to happen? You thought I would just betray my husband. That I would just fall for you."
"Valeria."

He walked closer to me. He was so close that I could almost hear his heartbeat. It was beating fast and hard. Or maybe that was my heart.

He lifted my chin with his finger.

"Stop fighting it."

I let out a shaky breath as he leaned down until our faces were inches apart. I could feel his cool breath on my lips.

"You want this just as bad as I do."

I don't know why, but for some reason, I gave in to temptation. I crashed my lips against his. It was sweet and I didn't want it to end.

He picked me up and took me back to the bedroom. 

He laid me down on the bed and straddled me. He deepened the kiss as I unbuttoned his shirt. He pulled away and looked down at me.

"Valeria, are you sure?"

"I need you, Tony."

Our lips found each other once again, but unfortunately, our moment ended too soon when the door burst open.