Chapter 6

Valeria

The heavenly smells of bacon and french toast awakened me.  I turned my head and met the eyes of Aria, who was placing a tray of food beside me.

"Morning."
"Good morning Valeria."
"You made me breakfast?"
"Oh, God no. Our chef made it."

I nodded slowly. I sat up and looked around the room that I'd grown familiar with these last few weeks.

"Where's Tony?"

"He's taking care of some things. He'll be back later. He told me to keep an eye on you."

"Oh.", I said before taking a bite of bacon.

I moaned at the taste.

"You act like you've never had bacon before."
"Not since I met my husband. I'm not allowed to have bacon. He keeps me on a 900-calorie diet."
"What?! He starved you?"
"No, it's okay. I'm fine."
"It's not fine."
"Alexei was just looking out for me."
"Alexei? Alexei Petrov?"
"Yes, that's my husband."

She backed away from me.

"You're Alexei Petrov's wife."
"Yes."
"H- Wh- You're so innocent."
"Not as innocent as you think.", I said before shaking the regretful memories out of my head.

I gasped as Tony walked in. He was covered in blood. His eyes widened when he saw Aria and I. He cursed under his breath, but loud enough for me to catch it.

"You're hurt."
"I'm not hurt, Mio Tesoro."

I have no idea what the last part of what he said was, but it seemed to soothe me.

"Don't you see Alexei like this all the time?"

I shook my head slowly.

"He cleans off before I see him."

He nodded.

"I'm going to take a shower, Princess."

I glared at him as soon as the word "princess" left his mouth. Only Alexei and Victor call me that.

He walked away from Aria and me.

Tony

I placed my hands on the sink, my head hanging low. She was afraid. I put fear in her soul. The horrified look on her face stayed in my mind and of course, Aria was here. She probably enjoyed seeing me like that. Fucking bitch.

I hopped in the shower and watched the blood rinse off. I began scrubbing with soap and a sponge. I washed my dark brown hair. 

When I was done, I dried off with a towel. I wrapped another one around me and walked into my bedroom. What I saw just broke my heart.

Valeria was sitting in my bed, legs crisscrossed, her head in her hands, sobbing softly. Aria must've left. I rushed to her.

"Val, what's wrong?"

Silence.

"Talk to me, Princess."
"I miss him."

My face fell. I thought she was happy here with me. I treat her better than he does.

"No. No, Valeria. I won't let him hurt you again. Aren't you happy?"
"I'm really happy, but this isn't me. You aren't Alexei. He loves me. I love him."

I dropped my head. He'll always win. In the end, he'll always beat me.

"Tony.", she whispered.

I looked up at her. I had to use all of my strength to look away from those greenish-blue eyes. I could get lost in them all day and never get tired. I love waking up to those eyes. I love waking up to her head in the crook of my neck. I love talking to her before I fall asleep and as soon as I wake up.

"I can't let you go."
"Tony, you barely know me."
"I know enough to know that I don't want to let you go."
"I'm married."
"To a cold-hearted thief and murderer who doesn't give a damn about you. You're just a trophy to him. He didn't even come looking for you himself. He sent one of his men. He doesn't care."

I watched as her facial expression hardened. Her eyes turned a hard green, filled with fury and hate.

"As if your heart and soul aren't dark with the Devil's touch. You're a hypocrite. You've killed today. I bet they were innocent."

"They were far from it."

"I'm sure.", she said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"You act as if Alexei was innocent."

She looked away.

"He's the most powerful and dangerous man I've come across. I'm not going to let him hurt you. He's taken too much from me. I can't.."

She looked at me with those big blue eyes. She put her hand on my chest.

"I'm sorry about your family."

I nodded at her. She bit her lip as if she was contemplating a massive decision.

"I c-", she began before being interrupted by Giovanni, my made man, walking straight in.

"Am I interrupting something?", he said as he eyed Valeria with a smirk.
"What do you need?"

His eyes shifted from Valeria and back to me, a grin on his face.

"There's a problem downstairs."

I nodded.

"I'm Giovanni, it's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Miss.."
"Valeria. Mrs. Valeria Petrova. Nice to meet you, Giovanni."

Giovanni's eyes widened. His smile vanished. He was visibly baffled.

"I'll be with you in a moment. Why don't you take Valeria to Mrs. Russo? She may need some help today."
"Who is—?"
"Camilla.", I reassured her.

I turned to Giovanni.

"I'll be down after I dress."

They nodded and exited the room. I flopped on my bed.

"This is going to be bad."