Lungs

Arriving at the hospital we run to check in. "I'm looking for my brother, Ethan Dolan." Grayson says quickly.

"Room 12, can I-"

She doesn't get to finish her question before Grayson grabs my hand and runs down the hall. Bursting through the door I see Ethan hooked up to a few machines. "E!" Grayson exclaims. "Bro, can you hear me?"

"Yes and your voice is as annoying as ever." Ethan groans, keeping his eyes shut.

"What's wrong with you?"

"My rib broke, they said it pierced my lung." Ethan says.

"So what does that mean?" Grayson asks.

"I need a lung transplant." He says, slowly.

"I don't know what to say."

"Gray, if I don't make it I need you to tell Kristen that I'm sorry. That I never meant to hurt her and that I never would. I love her too much to lay a hand on her and that it sucks I died before I could win her over for good."

"I would but you just told her yourself." Grayson says.

"What?" Ethan's eyes shoot open and he darts them all over the room until they land on me. I give him a small smile before walking out the room.

"Are you Ethan's doctor?" I ask.

"Ethan Dolan?"

"Yes." I reply.

"I believe I am." He smiles.

"He needs a lung transplant, right?" I question.

"Yes."

"I have one for him." I say.

"I'm afraid we can't use yours whilst you're alive." He chuckles.

"I know that. I'm not an idiot." I snap. "My father, Henry Gilbert."

* * * *

I walk back into the room, the silent room. "He's sleeping." Grayson says.

"Okay." I smile, sitting down.

"I'm worried, what if we don't find a doner and-"

"Grayson." I sigh, cutting him off. "I've already got one."

"What are you talking about?"

"My father." I answer. "Before he died he signed this thing, that when he did pass his lungs would be put somewhere safe, they'd be saved for me for a month before going into donation."

"For you? What do you mean?" Grayson asks.

"I had this lung issue a while ago, it collapsed but they managed to fix it somehow, doctors say it was a miracle. My parents were always scared of it happening again. My mom never got round to signing the papers too."

"No." Ethan says.

"You're awake?" I question.

"I'm not letting you do that Kristen." Ethan says.

"Do what?" I question.

"What if your lung collapses again and I used the lung you were promised, you die and I never forgive myself." Ethan says.

"He donated both, you're only using one. It's very unlikely both would collapse." I explain.

"No." Ethan snaps. "I'm not letting you do that."

"It's already done, the doctor took me down to sign some papers." I say. "The procedure will take place tomorrow."

"Grayson control your girlfriend." Ethan says.

"Don't talk about me like I'm not standing right in front of you." I snap.

"Fine." Ethan snaps. "Kristen, fix it."

"Kristen can I talk to you outside?" Grayson asks.

I nod before getting up and walking outside with him, shutting the door so Ethan can't hear us.