Rough

The next morning I wake up alone, the bed empty and a warm spot where Grayson not long ago was.

Changing into a pale pink tank top and black jeans, I plod down the stairs. "Grayson." I call.

Puzzled as to where he is I heading into the kitchen and get myself a drink. I gaze out the window and in the corner of my eye I spot the boys fighting in my garden. I drop the glass on the counter and sprint out the backdoor.

"Ethan! Grayson! Stop!" I yell, running down the patio. "Stop!" I jump on Ethan's back and pull him off Grayson.

"Whoa chill action woman." Ethan chuckles.

"What's up Kristen?" Grayson asks.

"You guys were-"

"Wrestling." Grayson says.

"Wrestling?" I question.

"Yup." Ethan laughs.

"Well it's hard to tell with you guys." I say, subtly trying to climb down but Ethan holds me on. "Put me down." I whisper which he does.

"I couldn't sleep well so I came down here and when Ethan came round I asked him for some practice." Grayson explains.

"Why did you even come here?" I ask Ethan, crossing my arms.

"I want to talk to you."

"Well after last night I don't want to talk to you." I state before turning to Grayson.

"But that's why I want to talk." Ethan retorts grabbing my arm but I swiftly push him off and he falls back into the pool.

Following me inside, Grayson says. "He wants to apologise. Ethan's always had a temper, especially when he's had a drink." Grayson says. "I know I shouldn't of let him come over after that beer."

"Well you did and he did, now he has to pay the price." I say.

"Won't you even hear him out?"

"I think I preferred it when you guys hated each other." I laugh.

As I wash the glass I see Ethan shirtless by the pool, drying off. He walks up the patio, slightly damp still. "Kristen-"

"I get it you're sorry, but you hurt me last night." I say. "Do you want to see what you did to me?"

"I barely even touched you." Ethan says.

"Then I'd hate to see you being rough." I reply, unzipping my jeans and pulling them down to my knees, luckily my tank top covering past my butt as I revealed my bruised thighs. Shock appears on both the boy face and quickly Grayson hops off the counter and pushes Ethan up against the wall.

"You said you were gentle." Grayson snaps. "That she exaggerated."

"I thought I was- I can't really remember, I'd had a beer or two, but either way I'd never lay my hands on her." Ethan explains or at least tries too.

"Well you did." Grayson snaps.

"You thought I'd exaggerate that?" I question Ethan. "Get out of my house! I never want to see you again!"

"Next time-"

"Next time?" I question, interrupting him. "There will be no next time."

Ethan stands still, not talking and not moving, for once not wearing his smirk or trying to wind up his brother. I pull Grayson hands off Ethan so he can leave, which he does.

Feeling Grayson clenched fist by his side I pull it open. "It's fine." I tell him.

"No it's not." Grayson says, going after Ethan.

I stay where I am and debate going after him after about thirty seconds of self discussion in my head I decide to. Walking into my living room I see both boys stood at the doorway, looking out. As I get closer I hear Ethan. "Get the fuck out and stay away."

"Who's at the door?" I question.

"No one, we are handling it." Grayson says.

"Outside, if he doesn't leave." Ethan adds.

"Who is it?" I repeat, pushing through them. I'm surprised by who I see.