Her Silenced Voice *ch. 27*

"He didn't work out?" My mom flopped on the bed.

I nodded. She popped her lips and made a noise like she was thinking, "I'll think about it some more, sweetheart, but....." she sat up and reached her arm out and I walked over, "If this really hurts you..."

I shook my head vigorously.

She patted my hands looking away, "My husband has been struggling a lot with a company of late....maybe you can....mend a couple of splitting seams,"

I shrugged before nodding.

She hugged my waist, "Good girl,"

I sighed, putting my hands around her head. Mom was so frail. Despite how scary she could be, Mother was glass. Being in the business, she has to appear strict but that wasn't who she was.

"Now," she chirped, patting a spot on the bed so I climbed on, sitting across from her petite figure, "I wanted to go to an island I just bought but I don't have the time. It's gorgeous there. There's a population of 4,000 people on the island. Practically no bad weather. If it's not good, it's a terrible monsoon, but it's only once every four months,"

I clapped, 'Mom, that's awesome,'

"Yeah, and to celebrate, I'm going to make sure that everything on the island is upgraded. It might do well to help with charity and everything. Oh, and their drinks, let me tell you: blissful,"

I started to sign, 'When is the next time you can go?'

She sighed, "I don't know...It's pretty sad though, my schedule so tight,"

She then pat my arm, "Come on, hon, let's get to bed. I wanted to tell you that because if you ever want to, you can go there,"

I smiled with a nod.

"Tomorrow, you need to go do a photoshoot," She said, "It's like your make-up debut,"

Tomorrow, will be long...

~

"Hey," a tall lady with short auburn hair said, "I'm Yuzuha Hittachin,"

'Like....the Mrs. Hittachin?' I signed eagerly. My heart skipped a beat with joy. Overwhelming me with comfort and happiness.

"Yes?" she said, confused after my translator translated, "Hi,"

'I know you sons, Hikaru and Karou! I was supposed to be featured in a recent fashion show but.....due to certain circumstances, I failed to appear,'

"Oh, you must be that girl," She clapped, "I'm so glad to meet you, my twins never stopped talking about their friends. And no need to worry about the fashion show, a girl named Melissa took your place,"

I nodded at the recognition of the name. "Um, Mrs. Hittachin, um, what is Melissa's role to the twins?"

"Why, she's to be Hikaru's fiancee," She sighed, "Her father's pressing it but I just don't know,"

'Really?' I asked, 'She can't tell them apart though....'

She sighed, "Can anyone?"

I raised an eyebrow, 'Actually, I know of a guy who can tell them apart, other than me,'

"Really?" her eyes sparkled, "You can?"

"Hittachin!" Someone shouted, "Get to work!"

I giggled as she made a face. She stuck her tongue out, mocking the voice, "Come on, let me show you my designs,"

I was to photo shoot in skirts, shorts, dresses, pants...ect. The entire process of putting makeup on me and putting dresses on was exhausting.

Finally going to the shoot, I was told to stand on set.

I wore a fluttery, ombre, sea foam green dress. It was draped and my hair was up in loose curls.

"You're like the little mermaid," The photographer smiled, "She's lost her voice,"

After fifteen minutes of the photographer dodging from side to side, he stood up, "Next scene,"

I was ushered out into a next outfit. A black and gold teacup dress.

"Beautiful! Gorgeous!" the photographer announced joyously.

After hours on end, I was finally finished. My manager rushed me to the car, "No time," she said, "Urgh, you were suppose to arrive at your date five minutes ago,"

'Chill,' I signed, changing into cuffed black shorts, flip flops, and a royal blue mesh tank, 'I got this. Whoever Mother sent me on a trip with isn't going to be an impatient person,'

My manager relaxed a little. I raised an eyebrow and she smiled, "As long as you're fine, Miss. Worthy,"

'Of course I'd be,'

When I was dropped off, my manager peaked her head out, "Make sure you eat since you skipped breakfast," I nodded.

"He's at the ice cream stand. Or should be," She said giving me a concerned expression.

I nodded and watched the car drive off.

I turned around to face the park. Ice cream, I mouthed the words until I found it. There standing next to the stand was someone I had never expected.

Pearson. I smiled and ran up. He turned and a smile broke out on his face. I threw my arms around him.

"Evelyn!" he laughed, "Ah, you're here!"

He picked me up and spun me as I lifted my feet. When he set me down, I started signing, 'How are you?'

"It's been great. Really fun actually. I heard you were at the beach yesterday, it was funny I didn't spot you," he said. I smiled, 'Yeah, best not. I was on a date with Justin,'

"Really?" He asked, "I guess it didn't turn out well since you're here with me,"

I nodded, 'I sort of drove him away,'

Pearson laughed lightly, "Well, no matter what you do, I don't think you can drive me away. I'm quite romantic,"

I silently laughed, 'Yeah, right,'

He and walked, hand in hand as he talked about Ouran, his family, his dog, the company. I listened as he spoke about some of his classmates.

'What happened with Emily?' I asked.

"Emily..." he said, "I don't know, it sort of......fell apart....and you know, Emily and I both tried to save whatever we had left. It was comical actually. We're still friends,"

I nodded. He brought me to a boat, "Here, let me help,"

When he lifted me, the boat shook at the sudden change of balance and we both fell on the boat dangerously.

"Well, that's not happening again," He laughed.

I silently laughed alongside him.

A piece of me was filled back in already.