Her Silenced Voice *ch. 17*

I sat up groggily, blinking hard trying to clear the blurred image.

I smelled disinfectant and saw needles injected into my wrist. I looked around in half confusion and full consciousness.

I was in the hospital. I raked my hair back and sighed, no one was in the room and I had a feeling no one was going to come for a while. I saw the electric clock and noticed the date.

I sat up and looked around for a button to call a nurse. Button. Button. Button. On the remote? Nope. On a beeping monitor. Nope. On the side of the bed? Nope.

Okay....so no button.

I wonder.....I pulled out a needle and an alarm sounded. Oh, so this is what happened.

A pretty nurse with dark auburn hair ran in and seeing me awake pulled her to a dead halt. Get it? Because we're in a hospital and- Know what? It's a good thing I didn't say that out loud.

"Oh, my goodness, you're awake, and here I thought that you were in trouble," she laughed to herself, "Pulling out your needles like that,"

After a pause, she laughed and said, "Well, I'll call your emergency contact number right now, I'm sure they would be happy to see you up and healthy.

She turned around but I grabbed her arm and said, "Wait," But nothing came out. She noticed this too.

"Oh....oh dear, I.......might have forgotten to tell you..." she said, looking down, "It's not physical or anything. Don't worry, we've already had it looked at, you're voice will return...in a couple weeks, a month, a year..." she paused, not willing to say never.

Handing me a note pad and pen, she said, "Here, use this,"

I started scribbling as she looked over my shoulder.

'Can you please just let me go without contacting my emergency number? I really want to surprise them, it's a special day,'

She looked at me and studied me for a while. I gave her a pleading look.

Sighing, she said, "It's against policy," she whispered to me, "I understand, physically, you're capable so I'm considering it but is it necessary?"

I nodded, 'please, I'm only asking this of you,'

She bit her lips and sighed.

"Go, you'll be hungry though so get something to eat in the next 20 minutes or I won't let you go so easily,"

I nodded and thanked her.

When she left, I got off the bed and changed into the clothes given to me and I left.

While eating, I ate alone obviously, and I realized that not talking while eating was absolutely awkward.

Well.....So I started dipping my napkin into the fruit punch and coloring it red.

Letting a breath go, I past a cake shop and I smiled to myself. So much chocolate is over there. Probably more than candy shops.

I looked out the window of the room and saw a tall building in the distance. Ouran Academy. Did I want to go back? I didn't. But I had to didn't I? To face them.

Right.....

I sighed and looked into my drink.

Okay....I frowned. How long was I out? I bet they were worried about me. I was such a horrible person.

On my way back to the hospital room, I saw Kai and Jake in the hall, walking. Tilting my head, I wondered why they would be there at the moment.

It was 9 something a.m. isn't it? Why aren't they in school? Argh, when I'm not around for them to follow, they won't attend school. Such trouble makers.