Her Silenced Voice *ch. 13*

Breakaway.

Breakaway was the song that was put on. Jake and I became animated. "I should have known," I whispered to him.

"You always should," he replied, the smirk seen through his words.

"Let it go already," I scolded. He twirled me around, "Let it go? Let it go?" he repeated twice in wonder, "Your fault for not choosing me,"

I raised an eyebrow as we moved across the floor. "Have you told Kai?" I asked. Jake scoffed, "Tell Kai? Oh god no,"

I let a long breathe go, "Well, I'm sorry, he had no one and you were only Ace's friend at that point...."

"What? I thought we were good friends at that point," Jake joked.

"I apologize," I said again.

"I mean...it's nothing to aplogize for, especially with what happened,"

I thought back to middle school.

~Flashback~

"What?" Jake and Ace exclaimed. I backed away and put my hands up. "Don't get so offended at that, sheesh," I said, "I didn't think you guys would have minded, actually,"

Ace waved his hands around, "Offended? Well, first of all, I've never met this guy!"

I smiled sheepishly, "about that...."

"I was going to ask you too but..." Jake said, rubbing the back of his neck at the almost inaudible comment.

"What?" Ace and I said at the same time, followed by complete and awkward silence.

"I was hoping that you hadn't already found someone," Jake said. I smiled softly, "Sorry, he was the one who asked me first,"

"Who is he, anyways? Let me show him a piece of my mind, it'll teach him to mess with my sister,"

I chuckled sheepishly about that too, "Well, you see, it's not that he pestered me.... but more the other way around,"

"Well," Jake said, "Get dressed, you're showing me who this date of yours is,"

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah yeah yeah, it was quite interesting, when he asked me, that is. I'm saving details along with the embarrassment you'll give him,"

"Don't be so mean," Ace commented, talking through the door of my room, "tell me in detail,"

I scoffed, "Ace, tell me you actually care about that without lying," There was a slight pause and he said, "Is that suppose to be rhetorical?"

I laughed and walked out of my room in a polyester dress that came to my knees in a wavy flowing fashion. It was a v-neck halter top and a scoop back, ribbons criss-crossed it like a corset, with long constricting sleeves. The colors were ombre, starting white up top and as it descended, turned gold, including sleeves.

"I have no idea why you don't wear that for the concerts," Ace said. I shrug, "Maybe if you wore white and not black, I would want to wear white, don' make me stand out too much,"

"Pompous little girl," Ace muttered, steering me to the car. I shrugged him off, "You're getting too excited to show me off," I pointedly said. He scoffed? "Show you off? More like hunt your date,"

"He's not my date, he's a partner," I said, "Don't worry though, he knows about you and Jake already so don't feel awkward,

We continued talking until we got to the school and I said, "He's over there,"

I smiled and waved.

"Okay, mister," Ace sized him up.

I saw him lean against the wall in a bored fashion. He was not bothering to impress Ace at all.

"Is there something wrong?" he asked.

"It seems, Evie-chan accepted your invitation without consulting me," Ace said, "Am I suppose to let her off with a complete stranger?"

"Um...in this case? Yes," He said.

I smiled slightly, "Ace, he goes to this school,"

"If anything now that I know where you go to school, what you're wearing, and what your face looks like, I'll personally hunt you down if you possibly think of dating my sister,"

"Um, okay," He said unsure of what to say, "So...you don't need my name?"

I laughed and Jake came from behind Ace and studied my partner for the night.

"So this is the guy who took my place?" Jake said.

I cleared my throat and said, "Um, actually the guy who beat you to it,"

"What is your name then?" Ace asked, smiling slightly, standing up straight and tall.

He smiled, "Kai Serino,"

~

"I still resent him for that to this day," He said, then a slight pause, our feet moving across the floor in sync, "what happened anyways?"

I inwardly grimaced, but smiled on the outside, "No one but two people knows what really happened, and I'm not going to be the first to rat out,"

Everything became quiet and we listened to the lyrics with the beat,

I'll spread my wings

And I'll learn how to fly

Though it's not easy to tell you goodbye

I gotta take a risk

Take a chance

Make a change

And breakaway

I looked at the awed crowd. Then spot a sour face. Melissa. I looked away, ignoring her. It'd be best if I didn't even think about. her.

"You completely missed the reason they chose this song," Jake said as we came to a stop.

I looked at him and recollected the song. Spread my wings and learn how to fly........

I cleared my throat, "Though it's not easy to tell you goodbye?" I repeated, "should they be glad I didn't get it?"

Jake laughed, wrapping his arm around my shoulder in a side hug, "Ladies and gentlemen, please applause our two wonderful music stars,"

The twins were messing with the microphone now, smirking down at me mischevious.

I should have known they wanted me to dance. The polyester dress, the chiffon overlay...the flexibility....

I'm blind.

I smiled at the crowd and moved away as they started to gain the floor again. Jake moved away to find Kai, and I was stuck, on my own as for some weird reason, Melissa was flirting between Karou and Hikaru to our distaste.

Haruhi wa a being surrounded by girls. Hunny and Mori were at a table eating sweets....well, Hunny to be exact.

Suoh was flirting around and Kyoya was no where to be found.

"Evelyn," I heard someone behind me. I turn around to see Kyoya, "Oh, hi," I said, "Is there something....wrong?" I asked.

"Wrong? Well, no but depending on how serious it was, this information may seem bad for you," Kyoya said. I frowned, "Um...."

"It seems that-" He was cut off by some girls.

"Kyoya, come dance with me!" A girl said. I smiled. "Kyoya go on, this information can hold,"

He pursed his lips as if the news couldn't hold, "Okay,"

I walked out to the balcony away from the music. It was getting loud, and maybe by this, they'll see me and we'll be able to recoup in a group.

"Hey," a voice said. I turned around to see who it was.

And froze.

"Allen?" I whispered under my breath.