Her Silenced Voice *ch. 23*

*Haruhi's POV*

I sat by Evelyn's bedside.

"Hey, Evelyn," I said, "I brought you a balloon. So, please wake up soon and see how pretty it is,"

After a pause I sighed, resting a hand on her arm, I leaned towards her and laid my head on her shoulder, "Isn't it weird. I feel that if I were you, I would miss everything. I wouldn't want to come back, but I would miss everything all too much. It's funny, it's the little things that I'd come back for. I understand, even friends can become tiring at times, but there are just somethings you will miss sleeping like this. The balloons spread in an array of colors. The clouds in flight. The sound of cars. The smell of street vendors. Normally, I'd hate to just sit and pay attention to them but....something won't be right without them. You're a small detail Evelyn,"

She stayed still. I could hear the heart monitor continue beeping steadily. I sighed, "You happen to be the tiniest possible detail, Evelyn, believe me. I know you don't think much of yourself but you mean everything because now that you're here in this state, everyone is grieving...but then it hit everyone just how much you mean to us. You are so much more important that you and I realize,"

I looked outside in the pouring rain. It was just rain, so...it was fine. No thunder... It was fine...everything will be fine.

I looked at the single rose sitting in a small vase, "Evelyn," I sniffed, snuggling closer into her for assurance. I couldn't possibly hide in the hospital bathroom the entire time if it thundered.

"When you feel, better, come back. Your brother is. He has lost his voice too. He came by. He probably held your hand. He probably even tried to talk but you know....his voice...,"

Suddenly it crackled and the hairs on the back of my neck stood on ends. I jumped with a squeak and dove for her hand. I gripped the blanket covering her. I was possibly cutting off circulation but right now, I didn't care. It thundered and I jumped again.

Then before I knew it, a hand cover my head.

In my terrified mood, I jumped and yelped at the touch. Looking up, I saw Evelyn sitting up and relief flooded me when I saw the crystalline blue pools. Even in the white light of the room, her eyes managed to warm everything. I sighed and put my head back down.

"Evelyn, thank God you're awake," I said.

When I looked up, she was looking at the balloon I brought. Reaching her hand out, she grasped it. Her golden hair moved and her face was graced with a smile.

She looked to me and opened her mouth to speak but in the moment, she couldn't.

I widened my eyes, my body still shaking, anticipating the next thunder, "Right, I have paper and pencil,"

Pulling out the supplies, I gave them to her. I clenched onto the blanket though.

'Are you scared of thunder?' She asked.

I hesitated before answering, "Yeah....but I usually get over with it,"

She studied me, 'I love lightning and thunder. They're therapeutic for me,"

Suddenly lightning and thunder again. My body jumps and I cover my ear. I can't handle this.

I felt an arm come around me and I felt one message come from her. It's okay. Everything will be fine.

~Evelyn's POV~

After the Lightning and thunder stopped, Haruhi helped check me out.

We went home so I could find a change of clothes.