"Picture It: A Rustic Cabin, My Latest Kill Roasting Over the Fire..."

Paris had been incredible.  It was  incredible. It was everything Belle had ever imagined it to be and more. And it still felt like such a dream - a dream now come true. It was still so surreal to have been there - even more so to have been there on her honeymoon, her honeymoon with Gaston, of all people! She smiled at the craziness of it all.  How funny how everything worked out the way it did! Love was certainly funny that way, as was life. 

Despite the thrill of being in the City of Light for her honeymoon (her honeymoon! With Gaston!), Belle was happy to return to quiet Villeneuve.  She could tell Gaston felt terribly guilty about having to cut their adventure short, but she assured him that he was at no fault.  "We'll continue it someday," she assured him.  "This just means we get to start our life together sooner here at home in the village." This seemed to lift his spirits. 

"We expected you to be gone longer," some villagers remarked upon seeing the couple arrive home. 

"We were eager to come home and get settled," Belle answered, and that was that.  

Upon their arrival back home, she and Gaston settled into the finest room at the tavern while he, with the help of LeFou, Tom, Dick, Stanley, and Maurice, began to put into place his master plan: to build the perfect rustic hunting lodge, right from his vision, at the edge of the town and forest, bordering both.  Of course, Belle helped too.

"What can I do?" she asked, hair all tied back, boots laced up on her feet, and skirt hitched.  She rolled up her sleeves.  

Gaston chuckled, putting an arm around her shoulders and kissing her temple.  "That's my girl." 

"Oh Papa, it was wonderful!" Belle gushed of her honeymoon to her father, telling him all about their adventure in the famous city while they worked. "And, we saw the house where Maman grew up."

"Ah." Maurice smiled.  "And, what did you think?"

"So sweet and charming. I could definitely picture her there. I feel closer to her now having been there and seeing it."

Maurice smiled.  "I'm glad."

The project was a big one. Some of the other village men chipped in as well, but it still took a few months of consistent hard work to complete.

Belle was particularly excited about the little home library they added, and couldn't wait to fill it with her books. Maurice also gave them a few of his little inventions as a housewarming gift. 

Finally, the house was complete - their new home, where they would build their life together. 

Gaston made sure to scoop Belle up and carry her bridal-style through the front door, making her laugh.  "Well, what do you think?" he asked as they stood in the front entry hall.

"I think it's quite perfect," she answered.

"Yes, I think it is." He wrapped his arms around her, leaning down for a kiss.  "Welcome home."

(Another small chapter, I know, but we're nearing the end!

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed! :) And thank you for being such loyal readers despite it taking me forever to update and finish this story, your support is always much appreciated!)