Chapter Nineteen.

Start from the beginning

Lance sits in a rickety white rocking chair on the porch, while I sit across his lap, the two of us laughing over whatever it is he's whispering in my ear.

The sight startles me at first. I'm not used to seeing myself like this in my visions.

But then my eyes home in on our interlocked hands, both of our ring fingers sport simple golden bands.

I gasp.

"You ok?" Lance asks, materializing back in front of me.

I bring my hand up to my forehead, in shock over what I'd just seen.

"Um, yeah." I mumble. "I just-I just had a vision."

He raises his brows. "A good one I hope."

I put my fingers to my lips, remembering that we were in the middle of a kiss when I zoned out. I think of how happy we looked, the two of us cuddling on our porch and nod. "Actually, yes." I tell him. "A really good one."

He looks confused, but also a little pleased. A buzzing sound comes from his pocket and he frowns. "I wish I could stay, but I better see to this." He pulls out his phone. "Stay here, if there is any new news someone will let you know." He turns to go to the elevator but then whips back. "I had a great night with you, Rose."

I smile and wave shyly as I duck into my room.

Scratch that, Dalton's room.

Dalton.

He's inescapable in here. He's literally everywhere.

Annoyed with thoughts of him, especially him and Eyan, plus my confusion over that kiss and vision, on top of the nerves from the creepy moon, I decide my mind needs distracting. No way would I be able to sleep right now, so instead I dig through my bags until I find the book I brought with me.

I walk over to the bed with it and sit down and begin reading.

Over an hour into the thick of the story I still can't stop inserting my own issues into the book. Raven has two guys who adore her, but naturally she can't decide between the two. I can't help but roll my eyes at her so many times because she's got it so easy. They both want her, but one is so clearly superior to the other yet she can't see it. If only real life were as easy as her fictional one.

Lance and I have always had a connection and it's built on a friendship. I laugh when I realize I'm being worse than Raven from the story because I've quite literally just had a vision of myself with Lance and I'm still questioning it. Why, I don't know. My mind just keeps wandering right back to...

"Sorry." I jump hard, dropping the book down onto the bed when I see Dalton slide in the door. "It's so late I figured you'd be asleep or I would've knocked." He explains and I sit up, the surprise of seeing him wearing off and my heart settling back down into a normal pace. He shakes his head and laughs under his breath. "I see you're still dressed for a party." He points out and I look down, realizing I'm still in my gown, even my shoes are still strapped to my feet.

I blush under his stare. "Yeah well, I just wasn't ready to take it off yet."

"It's certainly something." He nods, standing at the foot of the bed, looking down at me.

"Was that almost a compliment?" I smile coyly.

One side of his mouth lifts in a smile. "Almost." He nods.

"Anyway," I roll my eyes, standing to walk over to him. "You're not one to talk about my outfit when you're still in your tux." I point out with a grin. Boy he sure is still in that tux too. He fills it out like shouldn't be possible, and manages to look even more heartbreaking with the top few buttons of his white under shirt undone and his tie discarded.