Over-Protective

When Dia next awoke she came across an all too familiar scene. She was once again bound to a chair in front of a fireplace and Damon Salvatore stood to the side watching over her. Dia closed her eyes and groaned at the pain piercing through her skull. Her pain was severe to the point she feared even moving her pinkie would cause her head to crack open. She took a deep breath then huffed out.

"Why Damon? What did I do this time?"

Damon then looked away from her towards the fire and replied bluntly.

"It wasn't me who brought you here."

Now, that was odd. Dia then questioned.

"Then who?"

"I did."

Dia screwed her eyes shut at the voice then opened them and mumbled.

"Damn it all straight to hell. What do you want, Elena? Revenge because I kicked your ass? Or because I was the only one that had the balls to tell you the world doesn't revolve around you?"

She snarled at Dia and moved to strike her, but Damon was quick to restrain Elena and say.

"That's not why she's here, Elena. She's just trying to get a reaction out of you. Just ask her what you want to ask, so this can be over."

"Fine. Since, you're the only psychic we know. I want you to tell me if there's any other way for me to become human. Is there any other cure out there? I want you to tell me my future."

Dia stared at her as if she were the biggest idiot to walk the earth. Then she closed her eyes making it seem as if she were actually looking for Elena's answers before she reopened them and replied bluntly.

"I'm not telling you shit."

"Why you ... !"

"Elena let me handle it."

Dia merely narrowed her eyes as Damon leaned down to her eye level and said.

"Listen here, jewel, the house has a spell on it to where no vampires are allowed to enter for a good twenty-four hours. Twenty-four hours is a long time, and believe me when I say I can make you talk in less. So, why don't you just cooperate and tell her what she wants to know? Then you can be on your merry way ... maybe."

At this, Dia's response was quite unexpected. As she gave him the most beautiful, angelic smile she could muster, while replying sweetly.

"Kol is going to kill you both, and destroy everything and everybody you love."

She then closed her eyes and leaned her head back against the chair. Before Damon could even respond to her statement. The front door was viciously broken off its hinges and slammed loudly onto the floor. Dia gave a small smile as she heard Klaus' enraged yell.

"DAMON! Give me back my human!"

Five seconds later, the front windows were blasted to pieces. Causing Dia to look away in an attempt to cover her face. As she looked down on the floor, she saw a couple of quarters, dimes, and nickels scattered on the floor. She smiled as she heard.

"This is your one and only warning. The girl. Give her to us. Or, we kill everybody you love. Starting with your siblings."

There was another smashing of windows, coming from the kitchen, as Rebekah's enraged voice snapped.

"We're giving you five minutes to release her. Or, heads are the next things that are going to be kicked in through your windows."

Dia smiled truly moved at the Original family's care for her. However, one was missing. Where was ...

"I'm not giving you five minutes! You have five seconds to release my Dia! I can still rip off your brother's arms and legs without killing him, Elena! So, I would suggest you hurry! He's losing blood fast!"

It only took Elena two seconds to flash towards Dia and untie her before she shoved her outside. Dia stumbled over her feet and was about kiss the ground when strong arms caught her. She quickly wrapped her arms around Kol's neck and murmured.

"Kol, my head. My head hurts."

"I know, darling. Here, open up and drink."

Dia closed her eyes and slowly placed her lips along Kol's bloody wrist. After three small sips she felt the pain in her skull and body quickly leave her. She was quick to give Kol a small kiss on the lips as gratitude. However, her happy attitude quickly changed as she saw Elena kneeling on the ground holding Jeremy to her chest. The poor guy looked horrible. His face was covered with blood and very clear signs of torture could be seen on his chest. Dia looked away from them and said to Kol.

"Kol, thank you for saving me, but that's enough for tonight."

Klaus was the one to reply.

"No, I believe this was the last thing we needed to make up our minds. The doppelganger, is and always was, nothing but trouble for us. I would suggest we end that trouble now."

Klaus along with the rest of his family seemed to agree as they all moved closer to the siblings on the ground. Dia quickly moved forward in front of Klaus and stammered.

"You can't kill her! We ... She ... needs to be alive. It's not her time yet."

Rebekah then began to question.

"And how would you ... "

Dia merely gave her a side glance and raised her eyebrow. At that, Rebekah became silent then commented.

"Diamond would know, Nik. For the time being, leave her."

She then smirked at Elena and continued.

"If we're lucky, she might even willingly meet the sun."

Dia flinched at that implication, but didn't comment. Klaus merely glared at her then snapped.

"Fine, you better know what you're doing Diamond."

Dia gave him a simple nod and watched as he, along with Rebekah, and Elijah sped away. Dia then looked back at Elena and said.

"You're welcome."

With that, she moved towards Kol and stated.

"Let's go home, Kol. Today was awful and I just want to rest."

"Very well, darling, just one last thing."

With that, Kol sped towards Damon, who had been watching everything from the sidelines, and stabbed him in the chest. Damon grunted and leaned forward in pain before Kol quickly grabbed his head and snapped his neck. Once Damon fell, Kol proceeded to snap both of his kneecaps with his foot and kicked him for good measure. Dia simply turned to keep an eye on Elena to make sure she wouldn't attack Kol from behind. Surprisingly, she didn't. Dia waited for approximately five more seconds before she snapped.

"That's enough, Kol. Time to go."

"Aw, come on, darling. I was only having some fun."

"Come on, Kol, I'll make you your favorite. Enchiladas with rice, beans, and lettuce."

"The Mexican ones, right?"

"Yes, Kol. The Mexican ones."

Kol quickly picked Diamond up then sped off to the mansion exclaiming.

"I'm going to get the biggest one, right? Nik beat me to it last time."