Fight

"Kol, what have I said about killing people?"

Kol simply rolled his eyes and muttered.

"Only when I'm hungry."

"Aaaaannnndddd ....?"

He sighed and continued in a bored tone.

"Not to kill out of jealousy because then it's on your conscience. And, what the heck am I thinking? You would never leave me, and/or 'cheat' on me. Because 'cheating' is disrespectful not only to me, but to you too. Also, you were raised better than that."

I placed my hands on my hips then said with a firm nod.

"That's right, mister. Now, would you mind explaining to me why you would go ahead and kill the poor guy? Who, was simply helping me pick up all the bags I dropped?"

At that, Kol narrowed his eyes and said.

"He was looking at you."

"I beg your pardon?"

Kol looked directly at me and said firmly.

"You heard me, darling. He was looking at you! He was lusting after you! How dare that filthy human even look at you!? How dare he even think he could have my mate!? My woman!?"

Kol then wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer, until we were face-to-face. He then looked deeply into my eyes and stated seriously.

"I get jealous when other men talk to you. I get jealous when they simply shake your hand. I get jealous even when they look at you. Would you like to know what makes me the most jealous and frustrated?"

I was pretty sure my mouth was hanging open at his declaration, but I was able to give a small nod. Kol then continued and said bluntly.

"I get jealous, no, angry, no, furious. I get furious when you smile at them with that pure and innocent look not knowing the effect you have on them. Not knowing that your innocence, your kindness, and big heart are like a baby deer to a pack of hungry wolves. You know, darling, sometimes when I get in these fits of rage I feel like simply kidnapping you and locking you away from the rest of the world. I feel like taking you somewhere far away where only I can be with you."

I simply blinked at him then said seriously.

"That ... that's extreme."

"But it would work."

We remained silent for several seconds simply staring at each other. Until, the lady from the dress shop came towards us and said.

"Okay, sweetie, it should be all set. Why don't you come try it on?"

I gave her a small smile then looked at Kol and said.

"I ... I'll be right back, Kol."

Kol slowly released me and said.

"I'm going to wait outside."

With that, Kol pulled away from me and left the small store. I really wished he would stay and look at the dress with me, but Kol was really impatient. He didn't do well in small shops with lots of girly dresses and accessories.

I went into the shop and tried on my dress and was happy to see it was a perfect fit. The adjustments they had done to it were perfect. I told the sales lady that it was fine and that I was satisfied. She then rang me out and told me Rebekah had left said she would pick it up and to not let me take it once it was all set. I guess that was smart on Rebekah's part. After what had happened to my white dress, she was making sure I didn't ruin this new one. I simply complied to the lady's request and walked out of the shop.