The Hunger Games

Back home a lot of people had been going crazy over the third movie to the very popular book series The Hunger Games. People from all different ages and nationalities claimed that all of the books were amazing and very unique. I unfortunately hadn't been able to read the books back home. So, when Rebekah had once again dragged me shopping, I had been able to get the first movie of the popular series.

Once home, I began watching the movie in the new and improved living room. The movie, to say the least, was very interesting. It didn't seem all that clichéd and plain. As I was becoming engrossed in the film, I heard a loud.

"DIA!"

I gave a small smile and replied.

"Living room!"

Kol was instantly in front of me blocking the TV. I pursed my lips then moaned.

"Kol, It was just getting to the good part."

Kol smirked at me and questioned cockily.

"And what could have better parts than me, darling?"

I deadpanned.

"The Hunger Games. Now, can you please move?"

Kol instantly frowned then moved to sit next to me. He easily picked me up and placed me comfortably on his lap like it was the most normal thing in the world. I merely sighed then gave him a pat on the head. Kol looked up at me and smirked while beginning to raise my dress up. I playfully slapped his hand away and said.

"Behave."

Kol gave me a fake pout, but stopped and turned to the TV. It was then that the scene where the main character volunteered to take her sister's place came on. A small feeling of sadness washed over me as I thought of my own little sister. As I saw the conviction and determination in the actress' eyes, I unthinkingly said aloud.

"I would do the same."

I immediately felt Kol tense under me. He remained silent for several seconds. Then quickly took ahold of my chin and made me look directly at him. He seemed deeply annoyed and even slightly angry. He narrowed his eyes at me and said seriously.

"I would not let you. You are mine and I would never let you place yourself in such danger over some ... "

I narrowed my eyes then pulled myself out of his grip and retorted.

"It's not just some human, Kol. It would be my sister. I would do anything to protect my little brother and sister. As the oldest, it is my responsibility to protect them. I don't want, nor need your permission to protect my family."

I felt his grip on my waist tighten and Kol say threateningly.

"I would behead and paint the entire town red if you were to do something so foolish. You will not and will not ever place someone else's life over your own. I will lock you up in a secluded cabin in the mountains if I have to. As a matter of fact ... "

Kol then proceeded to quickly sit me down on the couch and flash towards the TV.

Crud!

I quickly looked at him and exclaimed.

"Kol! Wait!"

Too late.

The brand new Home Theatre System was effortlessly ripped out from the glass case then promptly thrown out the window. Glass shattered in all directions and I quickly covered myself with a small cushion beside me. I immediately heard an annoyed voice coming from library yelling.

"If that is another one of my windows .... !"

The sentence didn't need to be finished. Klaus was going to kill someone today. He had JUST gotten a new living room set and he would not be happy with Kol. Klaus then quickly stormed into the living room and snapped.

"Kol! I warned ... "

"In my defense, Nik, it was all Dia's fault."

In the split second it took Klaus to turn around and glare at me, Kol made a quick dash out of the house with a simple.

"He can't dagger you, darling!"

I blinked in disbelief then looked nervously at Klaus and said.

"Soooo, ... "

"If you say, "I can explain," you will not like what happens next."

I gulped. Then scratched the back of my head and was about to begin explaining myself when Elijah arrived. I smiled at the distraction and yelled happily.

"Elijah! It's nice to see you're back!"

Elijah looked at me weirdly then gave me a small smile. He then turned to Klaus and began scoldingly.

"Niklaus, I thought we had already spoken about your temper and your tendency to fling things out our front window."

Klaus snarled at him and began yelling at him while Elijah remained calm as always. I was caught off guard as strong arms came around me and I was thrown over a strong broad shoulder. I quickly began laughing as Kol sped out of the house while saying.

"That movie made me a bit hungry and I think I'm in the mood for a little jewel of mine. What do you say, Dia?"

I simply gave a small laugh and kissed his neck.