34

Rose's POV:
I yawn, stretching in my rosy pink sheets and rolling out of bed, my hair a candyfloss mess. It's Saturday, the 25th of January, and I have a lot to do, more then I have on an actual school day. First I promised to meet Pearl for breakfast at the Big Donut, then I'm going shopping with Sapphire (Ruby's at baseball practice), after that I'm video chatting with Greg and finally I'm meeting up with Peridot and Amethyst at the hospital for her physical therapy session. It's 7:30 now so, like always, I'm already late to go see Pearl. I quickly scrape a brush through my unruly mane and shove on the first thing I find, a pale pink skirt and a white blouse, before rushing out of the door. I had been the last one out of the dorm, Pearl goes for a jog at 5am every day and Sapphire and Ruby probably left at around 7 for breakfast. And Amethyst moved back in with Peridot and Lapis otherwise I wouldn't have been alone when I got up (on weekends she rarely sees 10).
"You're here" says Pearl once I arrive outside the big donut, she's looking refreshed and awake, the opposite of how I look.
"Yep, and not that late this time" I smile as we enter the building, the sweet smell of fresh donuts wafting up my nose and pulling me closer to the counter.
"Only 20 minutes" she laughs, her face has been so much fresher and happier ever since we made up.
"Can we get two strawberry blitz buns and a minty morning donut, please?" I ask the guy behind the counter, he looks up from his phone boredly.
"Sadie! Customers are here, that's your department!" He shouts, barely glancing at us. Very rude.
"So sorry about Lars, he's, um... Well he's Lars. Here's your order, that's £5" apologizes Sadie, giving us a weak smile and Lars a painful nudge.
"This donut is superb" says Pearl as we leave the store, she's halfway through her minty treat but hasn't gotten any icing on her pristinely washed face.
"So are mine" I mumble through a mouthful of strawberry wonder, wiping some of the cream off of my cheek. I've been biting both of mine at the same time.
"Sadly, I've got to go, Sapphire and I are going shopping." I explain, before giving Pearl a quick hug and rushing into town, all that's ​left of my buns are the icing splodges on my fingers.

"Hey Rose" greets Sapphire, not saying anything about my lateness, though I suppose she saw it coming. We wander through the shopping center, not really talking but instead simply walking next to each other and surveying the shops around us, occasionally going inside.
"Anywhere you particularly want to go?" I ask as we pass my favourite store, the pet shop. I don't usually buy anything but I just find them so cute. And once when I was 10 I saved up all my money and bought every bird, just so I could set them free. Though I think I copied that from something I read.
"No, but you want to go in there so let's" she says, immediately going straight for the entrance and pulling me along with her. For someone with such small legs she's incredibly fast. When we get in we are greeted with a menagerie of sounds, from dogs to snakes to turtles, I always love seeing them. And they all seem happy, the dog barks excitedly and the birds chirp sweetly.
"Achoo!" Sneezes Sapphire, I never knew she was allergic to animals.
"What's up?" I ask her, trying to move her away from the furry animals.
"I'm allergic to birds, so you should probably push me in a different direction" she informs me as I pull her out of the store.
"Why would you even go in if you knew you were allergic?" I ask, offering her a tissue and walking over to a bench.
"Because I knew you wanted to go in, plus it was the last shop you could go in" she explains, blowing her nose and huddling inside her navy coat.
"Last shop.....? Oh right! I'm meant to be video chatting with Greg right now, are you going to be okay?" I babble to a nod, so I rush off. Back to school.

Through the corridors I stampede, passing Lapis on her way to swim practice and a class full of detention students. I get back to my dorm and open up my dusty ​pink laptop, I immediately click: 'call Greg'.
"Hi Rose" he smiles after the call starts, he's wearing his signature black top with a star on it, and his long chestnut hair looks better tamed than mine.
"Hey Greg" I breath, knowing I don't have to meet up with Peridot and Amethyst until 6, meaning I should have plenty of time.
"You look exhausted, I mean you look good, but you seem tired. You're obviously the prettiest girl in existence, it's just-" begins Greg, seemingly worried about offending me, which he hasn't.
"It's fine, I've just had a hectic day. I've been late for everything and I'm not even done yet." I moan, before running him through the events of my day so far and he pays more attention to my problems then I though he would.
"But anyway, how have you been?" I ask a good 20 minutes later, realising it had been selfish to keep going on about me.
"Some exciting news actually, guess who just got a knew manager...... This guy!" He smiles, and I smile for him, genuinely excited because I know how hard he's been working on his music career. I mean, one of his shows was where we first met.
"That's great! You're are going to be a rockstar! I mean, you are a rockstar but...." I begin, falling into the same trap he did earlier.
"Hey, it's cool. His name is Marty and-  ugh he's calling me, got to go. Love you" he says, blowing a sweet kiss through the screen which I catch.

I arrive at the hospital with Peridot and Amethyst a few hours later, and Peridot is pleading not to go in but I'm pushing her wheelchair. Amethyst looks as if she might be persuaded to go back but that might be why I'm here, she knows this is what's best for Peridot but can't bring herself to deny her.
"Is there really any point to phisical therapy? I've been having it for like two weeks now and it is not fun. Plus I'm still going to need crutches anyway so, I'll reinstate, what's​the point?" She complains as we go through the double doors of the hospital and check in, she's wearing an annoyed frown and isn't being very complacent.
"But wouldn't you rather be stuck with crutches then in a wheelchair?" I ask as we get into the elevator.
"I'd rather not be here." She snaps, crossing her arms and turning away. Amethyst is biting her lip. We go out of the elevator and through a pale blue corridor, into room 410.
"How's my favourite patient" smiles a large woman as we enter, she seems friendly and has her blonde hair tied up in a messy ponytail.
"I hate you" spits Peridot unkindly, unlike her usual self, and I seem to be the only one who is surprised by this. Amethyst just starts playing with her hair and the large woman (who's badge tells me is called Angela) just gives a small nod. About 10 minutes later Peridot, through much bribery and pleading, has been forced to stand up and is taking feeble steps, with much difficulty, by holding onto two bars for support.
"Good, now try to let go and just stand." Orders Angela, while Peridot just looks on angrily.
"You can do it, you have no more broken bones and you should be ready, you just aren't trying" she carries on ranting to Peridot who is most definitely trying, she actually looks ​ready to collapse she's trying so hard. In her acid green eyes there is a look of detest I usually only see when Yellow looks at me and I assume, if she could, Peridot would be making a very rude hand gesture. Instead, since both her hands are preoccupied in trying not to fall, Amethyst angrily sticks up her middle finger at a red-faced Angela. And then some yelling occurs. To escape, I retreat into the hall and go to find a coffee machine, but on the way I pass room 310, coma wing. I breath in. I've been in this room so often before. I look in. Through the glass I can make out the face of Pink Diamond, lying on the bed. Unable to move, to speak, to wake up. Asleep forever, because of me.