14

Yellow Diamond's POV:
"I'm just saying, it really looks like she joint Rose Quartz" explains a kid shyly, I don't know who it is but they worship Blue so she can't be too incompetent.
"She'll just be pretending, I told her to keep an eye on them and now she's obeying" I reply casually.
"That was over a month ago Yellow, and you told her to keep an eye on not befriend" brings up Jasper, who is standing with the shy (and quite skinny) kid.
"I don't need you to tell me what I already know." I sneer menacingly.
"Of course, my apologies Yellow" says Jasper quickly, she can go of track but she's part of my court. She always obeys.
"Though maybe I should have a talk with our little 'friend', make sure she isn't questioning her loyalties" I ponder.
"Pearl, go fetch Peridot. Don't dawdle!" I command Yellow Pearl.
"Of course" she answers before scurrying away. I lean back in my desk chair and glance at the dorm around me, so peaceful... Except...
"Jasper, Skinny, that will be all. Get out" I tell them with a clap of my beautifully gloved hands before watching them turn to leave with a nod of their heads.
20 minutes later:
"What has taken you so long?!" I ask furiously as Yellow P enters, her head bowed in shame.
"And where is Peridot?!' I yell furiously.
"Ugh, I couldn't find her, so I, ugh, slipped a note under her door with your, um, Skype name My Diamond". She explains nervously, and with good reason to be so.
"Only members of the great Diamond Family have that Skype name. It's a direct line to me, how could you!?!" By now I'm livid and my usually smug slave is shaking with nerves.
Beep-Beep-Beep rings my laptop annoyingly.
"Answer that" I command.
"Now leave Pearl" ill deal with her idiocy later.
It's an unknown number, suppose it must be Peridot but I ask never the less.
"This is Peridot of Set Su speaking My Diamond, sorry to contact you this way but I-" starts Peridot before I wave my hand in dismissal.
"I want you to tell me about those, ha, Crystal Gems, or whatever they're calling themselves" I order in monotone, not looking at the screen but at my nails instead.
"They are, ugh, full of... Emotion.." stutters Peridot.
"Glee from what happened with Pink" I mutter under my breath, now bored of the current conversation and relieved by the thought that none of my followers have ever crossed the line. Peridot would not be the first, she was most likely just trying to go above and beyond as a spy.
"Thank you for your report Peridot, Jasper will meet you at lunch tomorrow to inform you of our next, 'plans'" I finish before reaching out to end the call, but being interrupted by:
"Wait! I called you on this private number for reason more than a simple progress report. I would never waste your time like that-"
"You already have" I cut in.
"Yes, I mean, I wanted to speak to you privately because, I think..... We should give Rose Quartz a chance!" Announces Peridot infuriatingly.
"I don't care about the puny thoughts of a pathetic cripple! You would do well to-" I respond, now fully facing the disgrace that was present upon my screen, not unlike a smeer of dirt.
"But I-"
"Shut your mouth!" I shriek, rage building up like a weight I had to carry.
"I gave you the most simplistic task and you fail. It has taken you this long to even speak with me about that hideous Rose Quartz and now you tell me to be friends with her?! How dare you question my authority!?!" My face is a caricature of pure rage and in my blinding anger I barely notice the shuffle of movement behind Peridot's terrified face.
"Now listen, your one chance at redeeming yourself is to carry out your objective! Tell me what happens with the Crystal Gems and apart from that simply do my work! Is. That. Clear?!" I spit at the dribble of a dunce I have before me.
"Then I won't do it! I can tell you with absolute​ certainty that Rose and her friends, my friends, are incredibly good people!" Defies Peridot.
"What do you know about them!?" I yell, white hot hatrid spilling out of me like lava from a gushing volcano.
"Apparently more than you, you.... YOU CLOD!!!!!!!" Her words ring like sirens in my head, shattering every nerve, blinding me, every sentence I attempt to utter is replaced by disgusted shock.
"Er... Bye" she finishes, almost as dumbstruck as I am. My emotions struggle like pythons to break free, to be heard. Anger writhes like flames and disbelief clouds my brain. I don't know what to say, what to feel even. I just know I want Peridot dead. Soon. Now.