Holy Smokes

Amethyst's POV:
Blah, blah ah ha! Here it is, 'in set SU the following students are included: Yellow Diamond, Blue Diamond, Yellow Pearl, Blue Pearl, Lapis Lazuli, Jasper, Peridot, Amethyst, Rose Quartz, Pearl, Ruby and Sapphire.' I read all the names attached to the board mere seconds after getting of the coach (or a more correctly would be getting pushed of the coach by some tall rich girl with ridiculous, bright, blonde hair and her shorter, but still taller than me, sidekick who sported a similar updo). I left the board slowly and used the map I had been given to find my dorm, it was number 1003, ground floor. This I thought was strange as there only seemed to be about 10 dorms on ground level, what are the chances huh? This is only my first year and I know each set is made up of different ages, so I'm pretty nervous.

Peri's POV:
I hear the buses roll up and anticipate actually taking part in a set. I've lived here every summer since headmistress took pity on my mum 12 years ago and let her keep me here whilst my mum worked, but warned that if I didn't pass my scholarship she'd have to kick me out. Then my mum died. I was still around and the headmistress realised she was the only one who had custody over me, for varying reasons I won't delve into, and decided to let me live on campus at summer break and spend the rest of my time in the foster system which was.... Ok. But now I have passed my scholarship I actually get to stay here permanently until I'm 18, 5 years that will hopefully be at least half decent. I decide to abruptly end the pity party as I hear voices moving along the corridor and pretend to be engrossed in The Unfamiliar Familiar.

Lapis' POV:
I open the door to room 1003 and am surprised by the sight of quite a short, incredibly short actually, 1st year girl reading a book on her bed. She must have gotten here hours ago at the least because all of her stuff was set out, including some crutches leant against her wardrobe, and even her bed had her own quilts on it. Green ones with 90's alien faces patterned across them. She glanced at me over her black horn rimmed glasses with piercing green eyes signalling that I should stop staring, and so I did and moved to the bed next to hers to sort my stuff. I had left the coach in a hurry so that: 1, I could unpack alone and 2, could grab bed next to the window, but this girl had already taken away that bed and so, I had to make do. I feel like second years should have pick before first years, it's just courtesy. Then I realised she was now the one staring, at my blue hair and other belongings. The look in her eye was like she was, calculating.

Pearl's POV:
Rose is walking up the drive, she's entering the court yard and she's, she's, she's..... Out of sight. I sit on my pristinely made bed watching out of the window of the dorm I'll be sharing with Rose and those other 2 girls that we've been friends with since before gem high. But right now all I care about is that I haven't spoken to Rose face to face for 2 months and now she's here! She got the later coach, of course she did it's Rose, which meant I had time to prepare myself. I'm wearing the pearl slide she won for me at the arcade and I have on the light blue tunic she likes. I'm even sporting similar, though not identical, pink hair (of course mine is much thinner and shorter and paler, I'm nothing next to her but that's how I like it).