Sexuality Swap

By _random_maddie_

~

Hi I'm Maddie, and I recently came out as bisexual after questioning my sexuality for a while. It caused me a couple issues, fortunately not too bad.

I had started to develop a small crush on one of my best friends, Emily. After a little while, I realised I definitely was bisexual, because I was currently in a relationship with a guy. But we weren't exactly on talking terms because he had caused some arguments with one of our friends.

The first person I told about me being bisexual was actually my crush, Emily. She was really supportive and offered to talk to my boyfriend about it. She messaged him and explained what was going, telling him that I was bisexual.

He didn't like it and immediately broke up with me because of it. It stung, but only for a little while because Emily cheered me up. She said she had been questioning her sexuality for a while and then she knew she was bisexual.

After two days, I told one of our friends, Isla, that I had a crush on Emily. Isla managed to find out that Emily had a small crush on me, too. She offered to ask Emily to be my girlfriend for me, and I had to say yes to that offer. Being the anxious, shy, quiet kid I am, I really couldn't do it myself.

Isla messaged me saying that she had asked Emily but Emily hadn't replied. After receiving that, Emily instead messaged me, asking if it was true that I wanted to be with her. I said yes, and she replied with "Well then yes" and I couldn't have been happier.

We haven't been together for very long, but I'm happier than I've ever been with anyone to be honest. I'm glad that I confessed, and in a way I know if I hadn't, I'd be miserable.

People at school found out, and it's been mostly okay. There's been a couple of rude comments, mostly "fag" or just some dumb remark, but it's honestly not as bad as I thought it would be.

Thank you for reading this, I appreciate it. Bye!