Dinner Party from Hell

"You have a kid?" his eyes then widen. "Why is his last name Matthews?" I shrug. "Well I thought giving him his dads name would be the right to do." he glances across the room at Josh. "He did this?" I nod. "Yeah, two years ago. So do me a favor don't try and act like a dad now." I say before walking away with Gabe. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Maya, you haven't even given me a chance to explain." I set Gabe down and crouch down beside him. "Do see Uncle Farkle over there?" I say to Gabe. He nods. I give him a nudge. "Go over and say hi, okay?" he smiles and takes off running over to Farkle. I stand back up. "Shawn look, you don't owe me an explanation." he shakes his head. "I do Maya. I shouldn't have left without telling you. And I should've at least tried to contact you." I shrug. "There's nothing you can do about it now. Besides I've been doing perfectly fine on my own." he scoffs. "Yeah right. That's why you have a two year old running around." I stay silent. He sighs. "Maya, I didn't-" I cut him off. "Don't talk to me Shawn. I mean it. Just stay the hell away from me." with that I walk away and over to Farkle.

     I can't believe he said that. I knew that's what goes through most people's minds when they learn that Gabe's my son, but I just thought that Shawn of all people wouldn't judge me. What did I expect. That he would apologize for leaving without so much as a goodbye? Or that he wouldn't judge me?

     "Okay, lets eat!" I hear Topanga say from the kitchen. We all gather at the table taking a seat. Josh is on my right and Isadora is sadly on left. Josh turns to me. "You doing okay?" he whispers in my ear. I nod. "Yeah, I'm good." I say with a small smile. "Okay there's lots of options so I hope you find something you like." Topanga says to the hungry crowd. As she starts listing off foods, Isadora leans over to me. "You know Maya, out of all foods, there is only one that all pregnant women can't stand even smelling." my brow wrinkles. "What?" "And last tuna casserole." Topanga says. Smackle smiles the dish makes its way over to us. "Did you want some?" one whiff of that makes my stomach flip and I sprint to the bathroom. Riley and Josh quickly run after me, but I shut the door behind me.

     That little witch! She did that on purpose because she knew it would make me puke! Ugh I want to toss her out a window right about now. I open the door to a worried Riley, Josh, and Shawn. "Are you okay?" they say in unison. I nod. "Yes I'm fine." I say walking past them and back to the table where all eyes are on me. Shawn walks over to me. "You're not fine. If you were fine you wouldn't have just thrown up." Cory looks over at me with a questioning look. "Maya you told me it was the flu. That's why you were out for the week." I nod. "It was." I say trying to sound convincing. Isadora buts in. "Then why are you still throwing up? That doesn't sound like the flu to me." Riley steps in front of me. "That's enough Smackle. Maya just must not be over it that's all." Topanga shakes her head. "I'm not a doctor but I know that the flu doesn't last two weeks. Maya honey, what's wrong?" I sigh. "Nothings wrong, okay? Can we just drop this and go back to celebrating Cory's birthday like we're supposed to be doing?"  I shout. Everyone stays silent and I take my seat once more. Cory studies me for a moment. "Maya?" he says catching my attention. I look up at him. "Yes?" "Are you pregnant again?" he asks and an uneasy tension sets in the room as they await my answer.