How could he?

I quickly open the letter and begin to read. "Thank you for writing me back. I understand if you don't write me again after this. The friend I ran into was Josh. I hope your doing well. And if for some reason you decide to write me back, can you tell me about your child? What's his name? Your dad, Kermit." it was Josh? Josh talked to my dad and didn't tell me about it?! How could he not tell me that he not only saw but talked to my father?! I put the letter with the last one and head back into the living room when I hear a knock at the door. I open it up and see Josh. "Hey." I give a fake smile and let him in. I'm furious with him. I don't even know where to start though. I close the door and he gives me a weird look. "You okay? Something seems wrong." I cross my arms. "No I'm not okay. Why wouldn't you tell me that you say my dad?!" his face sinks. "I know I should've told you but I also know that when it comes to your dad things are complicated. I didn't know how you would take it so I thought would be best if I didn't say anything." I scoff. "I don't care how complicated things are with me and my dad. If you saw him you should have told me. I have a right to know. And of all people I didn't think it was you who saw him. Because I thought we don't keep secrets from each other." he crosses his arms. "How did you even find out?" I start messing with the sleeves of my sweater. "My dad wrote me last week and he mentioned that he ran into a  friend of mine." "You didn't write him back though right?" I nod. "I wrote him back so I could find out who ran into him and didn't tell me. Why do you care whether or not I write him back?" he scoffs. "Because Maya, he doesn't deserve to talk to you." I grab his hand. "Look. I appreciate you wanting to protect me. Really I do. But I'm a big girl and I can take care of myself." he smiles. "I know you can. Just please don't write him again." I shrug. "I was actually thinking about writing him." his brow wrinkles. "What?" I sit down on the couch. "I was just thinking about how Gabe wouldn't ever get to know my dad." he sits down next to me. "You never even got to know him!" I nod. "Exactly! I don't want time to repeat itself. If my son has a chance to have a relationship with my dad then I want it to happen." he shakes his head. "He's my kid too and I don't want him to know your dad. Your not writing him back and that's that." I scoff. "You can't tell me what I can and can't do." he stands up. "When it comes to my kid I can." he then leaves slamming the door behind him.