Welcome Back

"Hey Maya, its me again. Can you please call me back? I know you're upset but you have to remember he doesn't know who you are." I her Riley say on her seventh voicemail. Gosh that girl can't take a hint. There's about three more voice mails but I don't feel like listening to them. Ever since I left the hospital yesterday she has been calling me. I have no intension of going to see Josh today, Riley needs to understand that. Plus I have to go to work today, or else taking Gabe to daycare will have been a waste of money. My phone starts ringing and I see that it is once again, Riley. I roll my eyes and ignore it, deciding to take a shower instead.

     After my fairly quick shower, I blow dry my hair before getting dressed. I set the hair dryer down and run my fingers through my hair, walking out of the bathroom and into the living room to grab my phone. As soon as I pick up my phone the front opens and both Riley and Josh walk through. "They released Josh." she says in a weak voice as she notices I'm only wearing a towel. I mentally slap myself for drying my hair before getting dressed. Josh stands in the doorway with a smirk on his face but stays silent. I groan loudly. "Ugh!!" I look back at the both of them. "Not. A. Word." I say before walking back into my room and slamming the door.

     I throw on some clothes and practically sprint to the bathroom, realizing I'm about to be late to work. I accidentally run into the wall, causing my phone to fly out of my hand. "Crap!" I say picking up my phone and stumbling into the living room wear Josh is seated. I attempt to put my hair up in a ponytail but hit my elbow on the corner of the wall. "Shit!" I say to myself, clutching my arm. An amused laugh escapes Josh's mouth. I glare at him. "I'm sorry do you find this funny?" he shakes his head. "No, of course not." his smile grows and he laughs once more. I grab my purse off the counter. "Well I'm glad someone's having a good morning." I say in a harsh tone. "I'm going to work. I'll be back later tonight and don't worry, I'll gladly be sleeping on the couch." I say with a spiteful smile before walking out the the door and heading to work.

     I get into my car and search my purse for my keys, quickly realizing their not there. I let out a scream before repeatedly hitting the steering wheel. I look up when I hear someone knocking on my window, to see Josh. He opens my door and holds out my keys. "Maya, was it? I think you're gonna need these." I take the keys from him. "Thanks....." He smirks once again. "My pleasure." he says right before closing my door and walking back inside.