Promise

"Okay so its severe morning sickness. Its pretty common and treatable. We have an IV medicine we can give you to subside the morning sickness for a few days and after that your gonna have to go on a bland food diet. Your gonna be able to hold that down better then anything else until the morning sickness passes. We have a few other medicines we can try if this one doesn't work so I'll set up an appointment for next week so I can make sure you're doing better." the doctor says to me. I nod. "Okay, that sounds good." she smiles. "I'll be back with the IV and then I'll get it set up." She says before leaving the room. I look over at Josh, who is standing next to me. "I don't think I've ever felt so sick in my life." I say with a sigh. My phone dings and I see that its Riley.

R- Are you okay? Farkle told me you went home sick.

M- Yeah I'm good. Just some severe morning sickness. At the doctors now and their gonna give me some medicine to help with it.

R- Okay, hope you feel better soon. I'll swing by later today to check on you.

M- Thanks.

     I set my phone down and the doctor comes back in with the IV.

     After that Josh drives me home and after a lot of convincing that I'm fine, he goes to work. Which leaves it just me and Gabe. As him and I are sitting on the couch, there's a knock at the door. I open the door to see Farkle. "You're pregnant aren't you?!" he says. I scoff. "What are you talking about Farkle?" he steps inside. "Your pregnant. That's why you were throwing up today." I shake my head. "Farkle, I throw up one time and you think I'm pregnant? Well your wrong. Its just a small case of food poisoning." please buy that, please buy that! He rolls his eyes. "I guess you forget that I was around when you were pregnant with Gabe. You can lie to me all you want, but I know I'm right." I roll my eyes. "Your giving me a headache." he walks over to were Gabe is and picks him up. "You'll live. But I'm not leaving until you fess up." I grab a water from the fridge. "I told you already. Its. Food. Poisoning." before I can make to the couch there's another knock at the door. I open it. "Riley, great! Can you please explain to Farkle that I have food poisoning." she walks inside. "Yeah um.... Maya totally has food poisoning. Not anything else." I sigh loudly. Farkle jumps up from his spot on the couch. "I knew it! You are pregnant!" Riley butts in. "No she's not!" she says in a high pitched voice. Farkle laughs. "Riley you're a terrible liar." he turns to me. "Why wouldn't you tell me?" I take a seat on the couch. "Because I wasn't ready to tell anyone Farkle. And I'm still not. So please promise me You'll keep this to yourself."

     "Keeping secrets never got us anywhere good before." Farkle says. I cross my arms. "I don't care. This is my news and I will tell everyone when I'm good and ready. Which is not now. And if you're my friend, you'll respect my choice. Now promise me Farkle." he sighs. "Fine, I promise." his phone then goes off and he checks it. "Who's that?" I ask. He quickly puts his phone away and looks back at me. "Just my dad. He uh, just got back home today from his business trip." Riley's brow wrinkles. "Then shouldn't you be at home with him?" he nods. "Probably. I'll see you guys tomorrow." he says before walking out the door.