I'm fine

"Okay who wants a corner piece?" I yell out amongst the crowd of people before me. They manage to hear me through all their shouting and I start passing out cake. Josh walks over and stands next to me. "So, everything turn out as you hoped?" I smile. "I'm surrounded by friends and family, all celebrating our sons birthday. And I have you by my side. It turned out perfect." he wraps his arm around my waist and I pick up a piece of cake. He kisses me on the top of my head and I take a bite of cake. As soon as the icing hits my tongue the nauseous feeling comes back. Trying to fight it back as long as possible, I set my plate down and step out of Josh's grip. "I'll be back." I quickly say before heading to the bathroom, closing the door behind me. As soon as the door closes, my head is hanging over the toilet.

      *Knock knock* "Maya, are you okay?" I hear Josh say from the other side of the door. I've been in here puking my guts out for the past ten minutes. I stand up and rinse my face off in the sink. I dry my face off and open the door. "Yeah, I'm fine." he studies my face. "No you're not Maya." he brushes my hair out of my face. I lean against the sink. "I was just feeling a little dizzy. I'm fine now." he steps into the bathroom and closes the door. "Maya." he says as he lifts my chin so that I meet his eyes. I give a defeated sigh before lifting myself up onto the counter so that I can sit. "Okay I'm not fine. I've thrown up about four times in the last ten minutes and every time I stand up I get so sick to my stomach that I feel like I'm gonna throw up another four times." he grabs my hand. "Have you been like this all day?" I shrug. "Off and on yeah." he sighs. "Why didn't you tell me?" "Because I know why I'm getting sick and I didn't want to start a fuss about it at Gabe's party. I just wanted everyone to have a good time." his brow wrinkles. "Why are you getting sick?"

     "Josh," I say with a soft voice. "Do you love me?" he gives me a questioning look. "What does this-" I repeat myself. "Do you love me? Just answer that. I know you used to but you don't have any memory of that. So without knowing what we used to have, only knowing what we have now from the month we've spent together, do you love me?" he stares at me for a moment before speaking. "What I know is that every time I see you smile, something inside me lights up. I don't need those memories to know how I feel about you. I feel the same way I did back then and the same way I'll feel tomorrow. I'm in love with you Maya. Even in just the month that I've spent with you, I know I'm in love with you." he says as he grabs my hand. "Now what's this about?" I give a weak smile. You can't walk out of this without telling him. Just do it. Rip the band aid off. One. Two. Three. "I'm pregnant. Again."