Chapter 15

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal." 

***

~Zeisha

Today was Noah's Birthday. Even though he told me that he doesn't celebrate his birthday, I am going to surprise him.

I have planned all things for the surprise and currently I was double checking them. Mom, Charlotte and Sean were helped me too. I was really tired from all that and only slept for 5 hours. But I was willing to sacrifice it for Noah. As he haven't celebrated his birthday, I want this birthday to be special.

As I was going to doze off again due to lack of sleep, my phone buzzed on my bedside counter. Grumpily, I reached for my phone and saw that it was a message from Noah. My mind instantly perked up as I read his message.

• Be ready in 30 minutes. I am picking you up. •

Why? Where are we going? • I replied back.

• I am taking you somewhere. No more questions. I will tell you everything later. Love you. xx •

Okay fine. Love you too. 💓

I quickly replied and rushed towards bathroom to take a quick shower. After shower, I changed into blue jeans and white tshirt with my signature leather jacket on top.

Noah's car horn reached my ear and I quickly ran downstairs, kissing my mom bye and walked outside. Noah was in the car and I got inside seating beside him. He greeted me with a smile on his face and kissed me on the cheeks.

" Happy Birthday Cutie-pie" I muttered and kissed him. Although I had already wished him at 12:00 am, I wanted to do it face to face.

" Thanks Sunshine. But I am not cute, I am sexy." He muttered and pouted making me kiss him again.

" Aww. You are both cute and sexy, my sexy-cutie pie" I said winking at him and his cheeks turned red.

" I think I like that nickname, Sunshine."  He muttered smiling warmly.

" Where are we going?" I asked confusedly as he started the car.

" We are visting someone." He muttered  nonchalantly.

" But who?" I questioned bemusedly.

" It's a surprise. Now no more questions, Sunshine." He said amusedly as I pout. But nonetheless I nodded. I love surprises. As the car eventually stopped, I looked outside from the car window that it was a cemetery. 

" Um Noah. Why are we here?" I asked gently looking at him. I saw his Adams apple bob as he swallowed.

" I wanted you to meet my parents. " He muttered calmly.

" What!? Why didn't you told me? I could have dressed nicely. Well anyways, I am really happy about meeting your parents." I muttered heartily.

" You look good, baby. And I am sure they will love you. I have told them all about you." He chuckled and kissed my forehead. 

"Shall we?" He said, opening his door as I nodded doing the same and stepping out of the vehicle.

Noah came round to join me, flowers in his hand as together we walked towards the cemetery. I was quite oblivious to not notice the flowers before. It was a silent walk in the cemetery. Noah went straight for an oak tree near the back of the cemetery, my steps slowed down as I watched Noah slow down himself as he stopped in between of two tombstones.