Chapter 16 Why Do They Hate Me?

Start from the beginning

"Kolin? Where are you son? Your mother and I need to talk with you!" He yelled as if he knew I was there.

Before I knew it, he started to take off his belt and whip my mother with it. I didn't want to stay anymore to see what was going to happen next. That was the most terrible thing I've ever seen in my life. My mother didn't mean to do all this to me my whole life? I need to help her, she's the only one I have left. I need to help her out of that situation, but I can't do it alone...but who will help me? No one cares for me anymore, except my mom...

I ran around the woods calling for help, hoping someone would help me and my mom get away from the sociopath I used to call dad. It was no use though, no one seemed to hear my call. For all I know, I could have been whispering. Everything at that moment seemed to be loud, the owls, the insects, and the trees seemed to be yelling at me, calling my name. Everything was starting to become dark, and I blacked out still hearing the trees call my name...

(Cameron's P.O.V.)

"He's running away from me, Harold. He was just too much of a chicken...so he ran." Kolin's mother said, making a failed attempt to smirk.

"Don't lie to me! I heard what you two where whispering!" Kolin's father yelled as he smacked his mother again, this time harder leaving a red mark on her left cheek.

He charged back inside their trailer, yelling at her to stay there. She turned back to look at someone to the trees on the right of me, while she quickly mouthed the words 'You need to get out of here!'. She turned back around and gasped. In Kolin's dads' left hand was a chair, and his dads' right hand was some duck tape. His mother begged and pleaded as he taped her to the chair, leaving cuts and bruises on her arms and legs. His dad started to slap her more and yell at her for failing to keep Kolin in place. What?

"Kolin? Where are you son? Your mother and I need to talk with you!" He yelled as if Kolin was there.

I looked to my right and caught a glimpse of something moving in between the trees, was that Kolin? Before I knew it, Kolin's dad started to take off his belt and whip his mother with it. I flinched every time she was whipped. I saw the figure on my right start to run away from the scene and I started to follow him. He was running around the forest randomly, calling for help. It seemed like he was whisper calling...like he couldn't tell he was whispering though. I started to call his name, trying to get his attention. He started to look around him, like he couldn't tell it was me calling his name. Before I knew it, Kolin collapsed on the ground.

I kept on calling his name to help wake him up, hoping he would revive and we could tell my friends together. They would believe me if I told them what I witnessed right? Kolin slightly stirred in his slumber, but he didn't wake up. I need to tell someone, who else is going to help him. No one besides his mother and me care about him. I picked up his body and dragged it nearby my campsite, hidden by the trees. The same trees where he kissed Alani...

"Hayley, can I talk with you for a second?" I called to her, pointing in between the bunch of trees.

"Sure?" Hayley said as she walked with me in between the few trees.

Hayley walked in between the bunch of trees and she was about to say something when she saw the passed out Kolin. Hayley was about to scream for help, when I put my hand on her mouth and wrapped my arms around her. She was crying and struggling for me to let her go. It broke my heart into a million pieces to see her struggling to get out of my arms, although in this scenario, I would try to escape too. This did look pretty bad.

"Hayley, please calm down. It's not what it looks like, I promise!" I whispered to her as she stopped struggling, but she was still steadily crying.

I took my hand from her mouth and gently put her down so that she was slightly leaning against my arms for comfort. She was softly weeping as I tried to explain Kolin's situation to her. She seemed as if she was struggling to listen, like she couldn't hear me clearly.

"Kolin's parents abused him for many years, that's why he's longing for a girl that cares about him. But it seems that he moves on too fast for another girl because he's never sure that he can trust them like he did his parent's. Right now, I think he just found out his mother cares for him and his dad was just controlling her. But then I witnessed Kolin's dad taping his mother to a chair and Kolin running away from the scene. I followed him and heard him whisper/calling for help. Then he passed out and I carried, well...dragged him over here. That's why I need your help to ask the others to save Kolin's mother. Can you do that for me?"

Hayley was staring blanky and intently into my eyes for a moment or two. Then she looked to Kolin and stared at him with a blank face. Hayley stayed silent for a few moments, until she finally said something.

"Cameron, I don't believe you..."

--------------------------------------------

A/N:

Okay, how was my plot twist? I REALLY like it! So, I don't have much to say except to,pretty please with a cherry on top, vote, comment, and follow me on Wattpad! Unless you already are...Woah, this chapter is really dramatic. Well anyway, also, please read "Katie's Vow" and "Memories" if you aren't already! PEACE OUT FOR NOW MY FELLOW FLUFFY UNICORNS!!! ;-)

And if you name this movie quote, then you get a dedication for the next chapter!!

"Dewey Finn: Ok, here's the deal. I have a hangover. Who knows what that means? Freddy: Doesn't that mean you're drunk? Dewey Finn: No. It means I was drunk yesterday. Freddy: It means you're an alcoholic. Dewey Finn: Wrong. Freddy: You wouldn't come to work with a hangover unless you were an alcoholic. Dude, you got a disease! Dewey Finn: Hmmm...hmmm...What's your name? Freddy: Freddy Jones. Dewey Finn: Okay, Freddy Jones, shut up!"

 Twitter: @katykat235

Instagram: @katykat235

Email: katykat235@gmail.com

Facebook: Hayley Perez

Vine: Hayley Perez

YouTube: Hayley Perez (even though there's no use for my YouTube {or vine account for that matter...} account, I might start posting videos of myself singing and some lyric videos. And don't forget to subscribe to thecomputernerd01 on YouTube!!)

PhenomiNiall, ExtraordiHarry, BrilLiam, AmaZayn, FabLouis, 1D Rocks!!

~Hayley