Cave-In

This took place in season two.

"Are we there yet?"

"Kid shut up." (three guesses who said that)

"No, but we're close," Kanan replied to Ezra's question.

Ezra sighed. This was so boring.

"How do we even know that the supplies will even be here? I think that hiding them this deep in a cave is a weird hiding spot," he said.

"Nobody would just happen upon them in here," Sabine said as she turned her flashlight on Ezra.

"Yeah, but I still have a bad feeling," Ezra replied as he shielded his eyes from her light, "how do we even know this informant is trustworthy?"

"They said they were rebel sympathizers," Hera said.

"Yeah exactly, they said. They could've been lying," Ezra countered.

Chopper made a few noises and Ezra told him to shut up.

They emerged from the tunnel into a small cavern. Three tunnels branched off from the cave in front of them, and in the center a few crates were stacked up and waiting.

"See, what did we tell you?" Hera told Ezra, "The supplies are right there and nothing's wrong."

She took a step forward, and a sudden beeping filled the air. It was getting faster and faster.

He and Kanan seemed to figure out what it was at the exact same time.

"Everybody run!" Kanan yelled at the exact same time that Ezra threw out his hands and force pushed the crates down a tunnel.

A huge explosion ripped through the air.

Ezra went flying into a wall and became dazed. Rocks began falling from the ceiling. Ezra tried to run but a rock clipped his shoulder. He collapsed onto the ground and put his arms over his head, waiting for the shaking and collapsing to stop.

After what felt like a eternity, everything stilled. Ezra coughed as the dust got into his lungs and opened his eyes. They watered as some dust got into them. He blinked a few times to try to adjust his eyes to the dark, but he still couldn't see anything. He felt numb.

Ezra tried to get up, but a stabbing pain shot through his leg. The numb feeling that he'd had was gone instantly. His leg pulsed with pain. He turned with difficulty, because he didn't want to move his leg again, to see a large rock on his leg. He pushed on the rock and tried to pull his leg out, but the pain intensified and he gasped. He ended up breathing in some dust and falling back to the ground coughing hard.

"This isn't good," Ezra rasped to himself. He was stuck in the uncomfortable position of laying on his stomach.

Suddenly he heard his com link go off.

"This is specter one, is everyone alright? Is anyone clear of the rocks?"

"Specter four here. I'm with specter three. We're currently trying to shift some rock to get to the main tunnel. We can see it."

"Specter two here. I can hear Zeb moving rocks. Specter five and I are in the main tunnel."

Ezra reached for his com on his belt to relay his situation, but he didn't feel it. Ezra jolted in panic and scrabbled for his com, but he couldn't find it. He reached farther, feeling around on the ground, but he still couldn't find it.

"Karabast," Ezra said, his voice scratchy, "I can hear it, but I can't find it."

"Specter six, are you ok?" Kanan's voice came through Ezra's lost, but nearby, com.