Sledding

This happened sometime in season two. Enjoy. :)

Ezra peered down the very steep hill in front of him with a sceptical expression.

"Are you sure this is safe?" He asked Zeb and Sabine who were both holding sheets of metal just like the one he was holding.

"Of course it's safe," Sabine replied, "We've done way more dangerous things before. Compared to when we had to break into that star destroyer this will be a cinch."

"Are you scared?" Zeb asked with a smirk.

"No," Ezra replied heatedly, trying to disguise the fact that he was a little nervous,"I've just never done anything like this before, you don't get much snow on Lothal."

"If you're not scared then prove it. You go first," Zeb taunted.

Ezra peaked over the edge again and looked down the hill. He could see lots of bumps, ditches, and a few large rocks scattered on the way down. The Ghost was parked in the distance at the bottom of the hill. Kanan and Hera were on board planning their next mission. Sabine and Zeb had taken him outside to do something they called 'sledding.' It had sounded fun at first, but now Ezra wasn't so sure.

"Yeah you go first Ezra," Sabine said with an encouraging smile, "It's a lot of fun."

"Ok," Ezra said apprehensively as he turned back towards the slope. He walked forward to set his 'sled' down when he slipped on some ice and landed on the sheet of metal on his stomach.
Before Ezra could even blink he was hurtling down the hill head first. Snow sprayed up in his face and he shook his head to clear his eyes. His gloved hands gripped the front of the sheet in a death grip. Suddenly he went over a bump and flew into the air. Ezra squeezed his eyes shut and prepared to crash.

His sled landed back on the snow hard and sprayed more snow in his face. His sled kept right on sliding down the hill. Ezra opened his eyes and realised that that jump had actually been kind of fun. He smiled and leaned towards another bump. He flew up into the air again and whooped with delight. Sabine and Zeb were right, this was fun.

Suddenly he saw that he was headed strait for a huge rock.
Ezra leaned frantically to try to avoid smashing himself on it. The edge of the metal sheet clipped the rock and Ezra was suddenly weightless. Then everything turned white with a loud fwump!

Ezra blinked snow out of his eyes and struggled to get out of the snow drift, but he was well and truly stuck. He stopped struggling for a second and thought about what had just happened. That sled ride had been amazing! He even thought that when he had crashed into the rock and been dumped in this snow drift had been kind of fun.

Just then Ezra heard pounding footsteps and he was suddenly being pulled out of the snowbank.

"Ezra! You ok?" Zeb asked worriedly, Sabine right behind him with a matching worried expression.

Ezra spat out some snow and replied, "Yeah I'm fine. Can you, um, put me down?"

"Sorry," Zeb said and he set Ezra back down.

"You sure you're ok?" Sabine asked, still with a worried look on her face.

"Yeah," Ezra said as he looked around for his sheet of metal, "Lets do that again!"