Chapter 26 : Happy and GAY?

Start from the beginning

I pulled my hand away from him as I was completely baffled. I tucked my baby hair behind my ear as of embarrassment. We were yet very close to each other, our arms touched. Cody followed us to the floor, I took his hand in mine again. Okay, Cody was sweet but why did he have to stalk us.

And that very moment, a terrific idea stroke in my mind. Just like a thunderbolt, it raced in my head, a small smirk formed across my lips. I tightened my lower lip so as to prevent myself from smiling or smirking.

"Let me introduce you, people, to my friends", I crossed my hands over his arms. "Come on Cody ", I urged him to come along too.

We all took stepped towards them, the lights on the floor surfaced across our skins making us colorful. "This is Gina, Francis and -- "

"Miss Sonia, you belong to their group?", I was supposed to formally introduce them, he never went according to my script.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Boss ", Gina shook his hand with him, Francis followed Gina in his move. Sonia simply nodded to his question, she didn't look much confident in his presence. Okay, he was mean and rude but he didn't eat people.

"He's Cody, Mr. Reynold's associate--"

"Just a friend today ", he introduced himself with a  smile as he hugged them all in a friendly way. I tried to move towards Gina but then someone caught my eyes, my view was obstructed with blackness. Oh no, who is this person now? I have everyone around me who is connected with him.

"Miss me, Amanda ", Oh my God Dan, I side hugged him out of excitement. I rushed my gaze towards Sonia, she stood there blooming. 

"Didn't expect you here ", I questioned.

"This is my hotel, my father owns it ", he tilted his chin with pride, no he wasn't showing off.

"Oh My God ", I knew he was rich but I didn't know he was so rich,  simply wealthy. Sonia was as shocked as I was but if he was this rich then why did he have to work with Mr. Reynolds. He could've simply joined his father in his hotel business.

I was shocked when he told me that he was appointed as Mr. Reynolds's manager as he had no relevant qualifications and experience as compared. I had a thought that he succeeded in getting the job due to sympathy as he lends us a vehicle when we required it but no there was more to this story.

Mr. Reynolds never did anything without any purpose, he may have a plan for this move of his. Probably in the present or nearby future, he's going to rip of the fruits as soon as they ripe . He may have a plan for collaboration with his father or he may want to enter into the hotel sector. He was cunning, but why did he attract me so much. I was aware of his ruthless behavior towards me and the people around me. I didn't have answers, just questions.

"So--", I was cut by Dan's words, he kept a hand on my shoulder just like Francis did. I was sensing another friendly trouble already for the nearby future.

"Don't think so much Manda, my father told me to get experience in any sector and work under someone for a year so that I don't possess arrogance, he simply wanted me to live a life of an employee ", he trailed off but wait did he just call me Manda, how dare he.

Employee? Managers are next to bosses.

"Okay ", I sighed. "Why don't you take Sonia for a dance? She didn't have a partner so she'll be grateful if you ask her ", I winked at Sonia but first made sure that no one looked at me.

"May I, beautiful ?", he bent towards her just like a perfect Gentleman. I went towards Sonia and whispered in her ears ", Don't you dare dance with him like the way you danced with Francis ", she laughed blushing. She was glowing in happiness, I am definitely a good matchmaker.

"Just say yes to whatever I say ", I murmured in Gina's ears. She nodded agreeing to me.

"Francis?" I questioned.

"Yeah, love", he answered instinctively.

"Why don't you teach Cody some friendly moves, I saw them from the back . They were so-so ", I stammered "Terrific ", I continued. I could feel Francis raising his chest in confidence. "Weren't they mind-blasting Gina? "

"Yes, they were. Yes yes yes ", Gina didn't really act. She overreacted but it wasn't seen except for me.

"Find yourself a partner Gina, you don't want to miss Francis's expressions ", I winked.

"I don't get it ", she seemed puzzled.

"Cody's Gay "

"What the actual fuck, Oh My God ", Gina chortled.

I grabbed Mr. Reynolds's arms and pulled him towards the dance floor ."Cody's engaged with your friend. I don't think we should dance now", he stood still. He didn't walk any longer.

"Hey, I was savage for you when you needed me. Come on please, a dance. Please", I made the cutest puppy dog face ever.

"You're cheating your friend Miss Waters", he started advising me like an old man.

"It'll be no harm, come on now ", I walked faster than him so he had no choice but to cope up with my speed. I took charge and started hopping making my braids hop. I always lost control over myself whenever it came to dancing, it was either sober or like an animal. There was no in-between.

 Mr. Reynolds didn't dance at all. He just stood there obstructing my view, so I peeped towards the other side as I rested my chin on his left shoulder.  I didn't pay attention to his expressions as I was busy thinking about Francis.

I was convulsed with laughter when I took a view at him, Cody couple danced with him. Francis's back faced me as Cody moved his hands throughout his back, his body was stronger and muscular then Francis. He didn't move away, just moved with the rhythm.  Gina was far away looking at me, I pointed towards Francis and directed her as well.

I could sense the amusement on her face.  Mr. Reynolds caught me by my waist as a result of raking my chin away from him. His hold over me got tighter as he pushed me closer making our bodies touch. I was blown by his action as he looked in my eyes straight.

"I am glad I met you", I furrowed my brows in confusion "here, I meant here", he cleared his throat and auto-corrected his statement. He could've clearly said a thank you rather than telling things another way.

Did he mean something rather than a thank you?

I stumped off my thoughts at once "Shall we ?", I questioned as I placed my hands across his neck. The melody around felt like chocolate donuts to my ears, yeah it was that sweet. He at once held me through my waist as we danced.

I turned around as he twirled me, Sonia and Dan laughed as they did a pleasant dance with each other. They seem to enjoy each other's company. Good job cupid.

Today was fun, I didn't want it to stop. I was living it truly, with my friends whom I considered as family. Mr. Reynolds wasn't as rude as I expected him to be so that was a cherry on the cake. I rested my back on his chest as we continued the dance, he seductively sided the braid of mine which rested on my back as he pushed them frontwards again.

His touch? I wanted him to touch me, I never wanted his body away from mine. I knew this was trouble,  whatever I felt had to stop right away. I intended to take charge and control over my feelings and never be outspoken about it.

"I'll comfort myself at the bar ", he pulled away leaving me all alone. I never really understood him. One moment he was really sweet and the other moment he was a completely different person. I let the negative memories drift away and allowed the positive ones to soak in as I joined Gina.

*****************

Another update, tadaa. I really enjoyed writing it.

I hope you'll like it.

I'd like to clear out one thing, I don't offend or oppose Gay's. I totally respect them and so does Amanda.

Do hit the star on your screen.