Chapter 26

With more and more red eyed vampires hanging around the Cullen I had decided to take some time away from them and stay at Charlie's. I knew that Charlie would be happy to see me and I knew that I would be happy to see him too.
   "Have you called Renee lately?" He asked me as I finished putting the dishes away. I shook my head as I pulled my hair into a messy braid. Then laid it across my chest.
    "I did a few days ago when Emmett dropped me off. Phil says hi by the way". I answered him.
    "That's good". Charlie smiled as a knock came from the door. I put the dish towel down and went to go answer it. Billy and Jacob smiled back at me.
    "Is your dad home?" Billy asked me. I nodded my head and stepped out of the way for him to wheel in. Jacob wheeled him into the kitchen. Then he left the room and joined me in the living room.
   "Bella told me that your staying away for a while". Jacob hinted at. I nodded my head and adjusted my braid.
    "Yeah. Too many red eyed vampires around with one human didn't seem like a good idea". I stated. Jacob nodded his head.
   "So how's the pack doing?" I asked.
Jacob let out a sigh. "Pretty good for the most part. With more blood suckers on the lose more keep turning". He explained to me. I let out a sigh and ran my fingers through my braid.
    "Forks used to be the most uneventful place I knew". I let out a laugh. Jacob chuckled.
    "It's all Bella's fault". He joked. Both of us burst out laughing. I nudged his arm. He nudged me back.
    "You got that right".
    "So umm...have you heard from Blake lately?" Jacob asked me. I nodded my head slowly.  "Is she okay? I'm just wondering because she hasn't talked to me-"
    "Jacob she knows that you imprinted on her". I softly said. Jacob sighed. "She's been avoiding you because she doesn't want to hurt you".
    "I had a feeling that was the reason". He said. "I don't want to force her to love me just because of this imprinting thing. Blake is-"
    "I know. She's important to you". I said as I put my hand on his shoulder.
   "How did she handle it?"
   "She figured out after you left that night. She was in shock and left the Cullen's place. A few days later I went to go talk to her. She cares about you Jacob-"
    "But not like that". I nodded my head.
    "I'm sorry". He nodded his head.
     "It's okay. Hasn't been the first time and it won't be the last".
I raised an eyebrow at him statement. "What do you mean by that?" He shook his head.
     "Never-mind it's not important". He replied standing up.
     "Your sure?"
      "Positive".