Chapter 27

It had been almost a week since Jacob had come by and talked to me. Things were starting to get more intense as the day of the battle. The night before I found my back at the Cullen house laying in Emmetts arms on his bed.
   "You better promise me that you'll be carful tomorrow". I ordered him. Emmett nodded his head. I smiled slightly. If anything were to happen to him I don't know what I would do. I loved him and I couldn't lose him.
    "I promise. I don't want to leave you alone. I would never forgive myself if I did". Emmett said as he planted a kiss on my cheek. I smiled and ran my fingers through his short brown hair.
   "I think you need to cut your hair. It's getting quite long". I laughed trying to cheer up the atmospheric mode.
    "I'm just trying to catch to you babe". He chuckled. I rolled my eyes at him. Was he serious?
    "Your joking right?"
    "Maybe". He said leaving in to kiss me. I brought my lips to his as I put my hands around his neck.
    "If I promise to stay safe can you promise me something Dani?" Emmett asked me.
    "What is it?" I questioned him. Emmett smiled and pulled out a small black box from his jacket pocket. I gasped and sat up. Emmett you didn't......did you? He sat up from his bed and handed me the box.
    "Emmett...."
     "I was going to wait until a later time, but after the past few months I've come to the realization that you mean more to me then anything Dani. You make me want to be a better person and you make me feel like I'm not a monster". He began. I cupped my hands over my mouth.
    "Look I know your not ready for marriage and maybe I'm not either, but I just want you to know that I love you with all that I am-"
    "Emmett the answer will always be yes". I replied. Emmett looked up at me and smiled. Then he took me in his arms and spun me around the room.
    "Thank you. I know this a lot for you but-"
    "Emmett I love you and that won't change trust me and maybe I'm not ready for marriage, but with you near me I'm sure I can get through it". I leaned up and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around me.
    "What did I do to deserve a beautiful and wonderful girlfriend like you?". I smiled.
    "You loved me for me".
    "I will always love you for you Dani".
~
As I woke up the next morning I realized that I was back in my own bed at Charlie's. Getting up I noticed the note o beside my bed. I got it in hand an smiled at what I read. "Thank you for last night. It was one of the best nights of my life. I promise to be safe during the battle. Travis is over at Blakes, but he's coming over later to talk to you. I'll see you soon" -love Emmett
I smiled and pulled on my hoodie then put my hair back into a messy bun. As I walked down the steps I heard a knock on the door.
   "Hey Dad". I said as I opened the door. Travis smiled back at me. I smiled back.
   "Who's this?" Charlie asked as he came to the door. Travis smiled and bowed.
   "Umm dad this is-"
    "I'm an old friend of Carlisles". Travis answered for me. I let out a sigh. Charlie slightly smiled.
    "Have you known Dr.Cullens long?"
    "We have worked many years together, however he's a much more gifted doctor then I am-" I began to push Charlie out of the door as Travis stepped inside.
    "Well dad you better be getting to work. Don't want to be late. I'll see you later". I said.
    "Bye kiddo-" I shut the door on him. Then I let out a sigh as Travis uttered a chuckle. I led him to the couch and we sat down.
    "You father is quite an interesting man". He replied. I sighed.
    "I'm just glad that he's not nosy". I said. "So Emmett left me a note that you wanted to talk to me. But my question is by are you not with the others?"
    "Though I disagree with what Aro is doing I do not like violence. I have lost many those close to me because of violence". He answered. "Anyway I wanted to talk to you about Blake".
   "Is she okay?"
   "She's fine, I just want to do something special for her". He replied. I sipped my cup of hot chocolate.
   "Are things not going good between you guys?"
    "No no. In fact things are going quite well. She's quite a wonderful girl. She's caring and when I'm around her I feel as though I'm not a monster". Travis explained to me. I smiled. He felt the same way as Emmett felt about me. He felt like she made him a better man and it was quite sweet.
    "Your so head over heels for her". I said. Travis let out a laugh. Then he looked over at the fire place.
    "I guess I am". He said as he glanced back at me. "That is why I want to do something special for her, but I am not quite sure what to do". I smiled and leaned in closer.
    "From what I remember she enjoys nature". I said.
    "Your quite right Dani. She's always going on about the beauty of nature and how she enjoys....walks. That's it. A nature walk in the forest and a picnic in that meadow that Edward talks about". He stated. I nodded my head.
    "Glad that I could help". I laughed. Travis smiled.
    "Your quite a help Dani. Honestly. Thank you for helping me with Blake. If it wasn't for you I probably would have let her pass me by without ever telling her". He said.
   "You deserve to be happy. So does she. I just hope that Jacobs okay with all this".
    "I know that Jacob Black does not approve of our kind and how we live, but I am glad that he has not taken his anger out on Blake. If he had I swear-"
    "Easy lover boy I get the picture. Are you going to go see her now?" I questioned him.
    "That I am. Would you like to come with me? I know that she'd love to see you". Travis said as he sat up from the couch. I shook my head.
   "I'm just going to wait here for Emmett. You go on. Spend some time with Blake alone. I'm sure she'd enjoy that". I said. Travis nodded.
    "Alright. I'll see you later and congratulations to you and Emmett". I glanced down at my diamond ring and smiled as Travis rushed out of my house.

One more chapter to go and then the book is done! I can't believe it.