Chapter 21

A week had passed since Charlie's visit and winter was in full swing. A fresh patch of white snow covered the ground as I woke up from nap. I stretched out my arms into the air and stood up. It was neatly freezing in the Cullen house so I pulled my university of Wisconsin hoodie over my head.
   "Im sorry that it's so cold in here Dani". Travis apologized as he walked into the living room. I shook my head.
   "It's okay. You guys are used to it and I am the only human here. Well besides Renesmee, but she doesn't really count". I rambled on. Travis smiled.
   "Even still. Your an important human to this family Dani. They want to make sure that your taken cared of". He reminded me. I nodded my head at me just as Emmett came into the room and he instantly went over to Travis and whispered something in his ear. Travis looked over and me and sighed.
   "I'll leave you two to talk". He replied as he stood up and exited the room. I raised an eyebrow at him and glanced back at Emmett.
    "Is something wrong? Is it Bella?" I questioned him. Emmett sighed.
    "Bella is fine". Emmett answered. I breathed a sigh of relief, but I knew that something else was wrong.
    "Then what's wrong? If it's not Bella then who is it?"
    "It's Renesmee. The Volturi are coming for her. There coming for us". He stated firm. I ran my fingers through my hair and gasped.
    "Why?!? What happened?!"
    "You remember our good friends the Denails from Bella's wedding?" I nodded my head. They were all very nice towards both me and my sister, however one of them didn't seem to keen on Jacob or Seth being there.
   "Yeah. But what do they have to do with Renesmee or the Volturi?" I questioned him. Emmett sighed and we both sat down on the couch.
    "Irina the one who didn't enjoy Jacob and Seth being at the wedding saw Bella and Renesmee in the field. Renesmee was catching snowflakes and she jumped up into the air. Irina caught one glimpse at her and jumped to the conclusion that she was an immortal child". Emmett explained to me. I shook my head at him.
   "But she's not!" I shouted. "Renesmee grows every single day! She's practically an adult!" Emmett put his hands on my shoulders.
   "I know that babe, but Aros mind has already been made up. The Volturi are coming for us". Emmett said. I sighed and pushed myself into is arms.
    "Dammit. Just when you get out of one mess another just pushes itself into your face!" I replied. Emmett sighed.
   "I promise you that we will protect you, Bella and Renesmee no matter what".
    "How?" I asked pulling myself away from him. "How Emmett?! The Volturi have an army at arms reach. There's only seven of you!" I reminded him. Emmett smiled.
    "More then seven if you count the wolves and Carlisle has friends around the world that would drop anything to come help out a friend and his family". Emmett stated. I let out another sigh and laid my head on his shoulder.
   "Even still....this won't end pretty". I replied as Emmett laid his head on mine.
    "I know".

Let the gathering of friends begin!