Chapter 20

Carlisle was right when he said that Renesmee would grow at an alarming rate. Within a few days after her birth she was already walking on her own. And that scared Bella. She didn't know how long Renesmee would live for and that made her want to spend more and more time with her, but today there was something else on her mind.
Charlie had been invited over to the Cullen house to see Bella today and I knew that made her nervous. But she didn't really have anything to worry about. She didn't harm me when I came to see her so our dad wouldn't be any different.
    "Relax Bella it'll be alright love". Edward reassured her as he pulled her close to him. Bella sighed and I put a hand on her shoulder.
   "Edwards right Bella. You will do just fine. You did with me after all". I reminded her.
    "But Dani you know about us and you didn't do anything to push me. Dad doesn't know anything about us. What if he-"
    "Easy Bells. I'll be right here with you and Edward will be just across the hall. Relax". I stated. She sighed and smiled up at me.
   "Thanks Dani".
I smiled. "Anything for my sister". I said as Emmett wrapped his arms around me.
   "He's here". He replied. Edward kissed the top of Bella's head then walked out of the room.
   "Are you staying here too are-"
   "Sorry babe, but I have a date to plan". Emmett informed me. I raised an eyebrow at his statement.
   "Date?"
He nodded his head. "Yes and you'll find out about it later tonight". Emmett said as he walked out of the room. I rolled my eyes  and glanced over at Bella. She smiled as Carlisle and our father ascended the stairs. Charlie smiled at me and then turned his attention to Bella. As he enter the room he pulled her into a tight embrace. It took her a few minutes to get her thirst under control, but she did and she hugged him back.
    "I've missed you so much Bells". Charlie broke the silence. Bella sighed and closed her eyes.
   "I've missed you too dad". She answered back. Then she pulled away and sat down with him on the couch. I smiled at both of them and kept my distance. Bella needed to talk to him about what happened and what was going happen, but most of it would be a lie. She couldn't tell dad that she was married to a vampire and one herself.
    "Where were you Bells. What happened?!" Charlie questioned her as he glanced over at me.
   "Look dad I'm alright, but I can't tell you what happened-"
    "Bella no!" He shouted back. I sighed and glanced down the hallway at Edward. He wasn't happy about what was going on and I couldn't blame him. Bella had made a hard choice.
   "Bullshit Bella!" Charlie stated firm. Bella stood up and put her hands on his shoulders.
    "Dad I'm heathy and I'm not going anywhere okay? Can you at least live with that?" She reasoned with our father. Charlie sighed and put his arms around her once again.
   "Can I live with that? Of course kiddo". He replied as Edward entered the room holding Renesmee in his arms. She giggled at me as she passed by me. I smiled back at her.
    "This is your-"
    "Adopted daughter". Edward smiled. Charlie sighed and flashed her a small grin.
    "Right. She has your eyes Bella". He hinted out. Bella smiled and glanced over at me.
   "Good to see you too Dani. Rene's been calling quite a bit". Charlie said to me. I smiled at walked over to them.
    "What for?"
He sighed. "She wants to know how things are going with...ummm-"
I let out a laugh. "You mean Emmett dad?"
     "Yeah. Him".
     "Things are good dad. He's everything that I could have asked for". I replied to him. He nodded his head.
    "Glad to hear it. Because if they weren't I'd-"
    "Shot me with your gun?" Emmett grinned as he came into the room. He smiled at me and wrapped his arm around my waist.
    "Exactly". Charlie stated. "Well I think I should get going. Sues making fish tonight and I don't want to miss it". Bella nodded and walked with Charlie out to his car.