Chapter 12

I raised an eyebrow at his statement.
   "I thought that he had a thing for Bella?"
   "He does or did". Emmett said. "But he knew that he couldn't have her so part of him was still searching for someone else and I guess Blake was the one".
   "Okay so how long ago did he imprint on her?" I questioned them both.
   "During our wedding". Edward replied.
   "Blake was there?". Both Emmett and Edward nodded their heads at me.
   "She was. Jacob caught a glimpse of her in her dress that Alice picked out for her and he was overwhelmed by how beautiful she looked". Edward answered my question.
    "And so imprinted on her. Damn". I said. "Does Blake know that?" Emmett wrapped his arms around me.
   "She realized it before she left this evening". Edward stated. I sighed. She must have realized it while she was complaining about how annoying he was lately and how he was always trying to protect her. It did make sense after all. That's usually what a wolf does when they imprint on someone.
    "She's probably freaked out by it. Heck even I'm still freaked out the whole imprint thing. It's kinda weird if you ask me". I replied making Emmett utter a laugh.
   "She was more upset by his actions". Edward stated. "She does not care for him that way. She thinks of him as more of a brother then a soulmate". I let out a sigh and knew that that would crush Jacobs heart. He had been through so much and now his imprint didn't care for him in that same way.
   "Oh Jacob". Bella said as she buried her face in Edwards chest. I sighed.
   "It's alright Bella. He will find someone one day that will truly love him. Now I think it's time that you got some rest". Edward said as Bella nodded her head. She slowly laid her head down on the grey colored cough as Edward draped a fuzzy blanket over her. Then he kissed the top of her head and walked out of the room. I sighed and glanced up at Emmett. He nodded his head.
   "I'll take you home". He said as we walked out of the room and towards the stairs.
I glanced up at Charlie's house. "Thank you Emmett". I said breaking the silence of our awkward car ride.
    "For what Dani?" He questioned me. I sighed and brought my knees up my chest.
    "For looking after my sister all these years. Your whole family has put their lives at risk for her and I'm grateful for all of it". I thanked him. Emmett smiled and put his hand on my knee.
   "We'd do the same for you in a heartbeat Dani. You and Bella are family". Emmett said as I opened the car door. Emmett came over to my side of the car and kissed me.
   "And your my life now Dani". He said as I wrapped my arms around him.
    "I should go inside before Charlie gets home. I'll see you tomorrow". I replied. Emmett nodded his head and got back into his jeep.